Pages

Tuesday, May 18, 2004

ok, so figure ME out...

That title is a reference to the Nickelback song that i am currently in love with- 'figure you out'. It's just the perfect song to SCREAM while going down the highway at 70..erm..a legal 55mph. :)

Not to change the subject past my wonderful driving tendancies, but..

I'm honestly excited about going to college. I mean, yes, I will miss my home because that's what it is, home. And I'm leaving it. Even when I return for a weekend every so often, or for the summer, it won't be the same. I'll have to get caught up before I understand the inside jokes. And even then, since I wasn't there, they won't be the same. Life won't be the same...

but I'm coming to realize, that's ok. Life is supposed to change. Children are supposed to grow up. Live their own lives, change, grow apart from their families... I think I've accepted that, and while I'm sad that I'll have to go through it, I'm looking forward to (cliche warning) starting a new chapter in my book of life.
I think it's going to be a lot of fun. I'm weird, I love to learn. (English major... I'd better love to learn) And I'm going to be in an environment that encourages learning. And I'm finally going to be interacting with people my own age (ok, and maybe like 3 years older if they're a Senior). Don't get me wrong, not socializing as much as I could have, as a 'normal' child, has been entirely my choice. But I'm ready to branch out, test the waters, and college just seems like the perfect place for it. What college grad doesn't have stories about when they did this with so-and-so and it turned out soooo hilarious? I want that. I want to have fun and learn.
And, as part of the having fun idea... I'm THISCLOSE to being accepted to the Honors Program at my college. THISCLOSE. I just have to send in a writing sample. I swear, if I had any nails to bite, I'd bite them. I'm that nervous. Which writing should I send in? Should I go with the mock court trial that I wrote for my World Lit class? It's more involved, calling up witnesses, testimonials, etc. Or should I go with my infamous tomatoe plant post (I've dubbed it 'childhood innocence). I think I've narrowed it down to those 2... Comment and let me know what you think, please! Or if you want to see them both, IM me/comment and I'll email you them... I could REALLY use some opinions here. Honest ones. Honestly, why would I want fake ones? :)

My english teacher is a real doll, I love talking with her. She thinks I'm this great writer... we had a voice chat and she kept referring to me as Heather, the writer. I'm not! At least not yet. I don't think I'm half as good as I want to be, or people seem to think. Although I think that way with everything (my personality, looks, etc) so maybe it's just a character flaw? Anyway, about my senior project, she "LOVED IT!!!!" (direct quote). She wants to show it to the whole class! Excuse me while I cover my face and die of mortification. That would just be embarassing. Frankly, I don't like my project that much at all. Teachers. Who can figure them out. :) So while I'm happy she liked it... I'm hoping she forgets about the idea of showing it to others!

Ok, did I bore everyone enough yet? That's what happens when I feel guilty for not updating with anything substancial in a long time, I just tend to babble (hence blog title). So... if you want to know something, COMMENT!!!! I'm an open book. Unless you're a pervert, than this book is closed and bolted. Stay away creepos.
:)

No comments: