Pages

Sunday, October 23, 2005

the lesser of 2 evils

Ok so I've decided that I have two options. I can't keep living, surviving, under all the stress I'm under or the thoughts I've been having. So, having said that, the way I figure I have 2 options...
The first option is to see a counciler/therapist. They have programs at my school that I can just make appointments to see/talk to a counciler about anything that might be stressing me out and it's completely confidential and (I think) cost-free. The issue I have with that is I don't know if I can do it. I think I'll have a hard problem talking specifics about what is bothering me with a stranger, or even someone that I see around campus. I HATE to think that someone will be thinking I can't deal with this or feeling sorry for me or whatever.

The second option is to find something to do to de-stress. I used to draw/sketch, it relaxed me and I wasn't half bad at it. I picked up my sketchpad the other day and just couldn't though, so I don't know if that'll work again. The mood wasn't there, the inspiration and the 'talent' isn't there. Maybe it's something I need to work at? Even just writing in general, let alone on here, has stopped or slowed down. Isn't it ironic that I'm taking an imaginative writing course when the least thing I feel like I can do or even want to do is write?

Woaers me, I know. And I feel pathetic for even blogging about it, cause even I don't know how to help me and I don't want this to be one of those 'depressed teen (20ish) girl blogs' that exist in the millions... I'm not depressed (usually), I'm just stressed and I can't get it out anywhere or any way. I'm lost.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hmm, I'd say that if there are specific issues that are making you stressed then you should see a councillor.
However if you are just the type of person who gets stressed easily, then take up a hobby! Meditation helps with stress.
Take care!
:)

Chris said...

awww I think it would be good to talk to someone at your school about it even if you can't pinpoint what's wrong it would be good just to get to talk about it. And you shouldn't feel bad about writing it here cause your blog is yours for whatever you want!!!