Pages

Wednesday, March 02, 2005

For the life of me...

I can't sleep. I've been trying to sleep for the past hour or so. I've tried reading, boring myself to sleep, counting sheep, everything I can think of. And it's all a no-go. I think I'm stressed out. I know I am. And I only make myself worse by not doing the things that are stressing me out. I ignore them, and then it makes it so I just have to do them later. An example? I have an American Cultures rough draft to write, and I've really psyched myself out about it. I did extremely horrible on the last essay, and I HAVE to do well on this one to get my grade to a C! It's at a 'C-' now. That's horrible for me, if I keep that up it'll bring down my GPA, which means no scholarship, which means no school, which means no law school, which means I won't be a lawyer, which means I might as well just kill myself because there'll be nothing left. And yea, as you can see, I'm really stressing myself out about this paper.
And yet...
What did I do today on my paper? One would think that if I were so stressed out about this paper, I would be working on it nonstop, no? NO. I didn't work on it much at all today. I tried, really, I did. And nothing. I wrote some stuff, but it was just off-the-top of my head work and nothing that I'm even halfway sure is accurate. And then I spent the rest of my day just loafing around, and then I went out to dinner with the lovely miss caitlin. It was fun, definetly.
I really do need to work on my paper all day tomorrow. In Amcul tomorrow we have to do a thesis/introductionary paragrah and drafts. It's going to be so horrible. Two hours of writing, about stuff I'm not completely sure about. And then when I'm done with that class, I have to come back to the dorm and write more. And then I have a lit club meeting. And then write some more. It has to be an amazing rough draft so I don't have tons of work to do on Spring Break. Hah. I'll have tons to do anyway, I'm sure. I was hoping to go to the mall tomorrow with friends, but I doubt it's going to happen.
And that was my day.

No comments: