Pages

Sunday, December 28, 2008

land of Oz

I may be going to Sydney! I always planned to go sometime, but right now the travel prices are really cheap and so I may be going in Feb of 2009. I am beyond excited about it, but a few things have to be worked out first before I decide if I am actually going to go or not. It'd be about $3,000 for 22 days, which is a lot but not really if you consider that it includes round-trip flight + hotel. Plus I think I'd have to budget in about $2k for food/fun? So $5,000ish total. That's a huge chunk of change and I'm not quite sure if I'm confortable spending it, even though I really want to go. Responsibilities, or fun? Sigh.

I also have to make sure that I'll be able to go for a month without interfearing with my school schedule. As far as I know I can go, I don't think that my practicum is something binding that I wouldn't be able to skip out on for a few weeks and just make up later. I think I'm going to call and find out sometime.

Also I need to see when exactly I can expect to get my money that I need. Everything kind of depends on this, obviously. No money= no trip.

I also need a passport. And a visa. I think there's some sort of electronic visa now, which is cheaper. Cheap= good, since I think my passport is going to cost about $200 since I'll most likely need it expedited.

I also need to lose weight! Holy moly do I need to lose if I'm going in Feb. Don't expect me to eat anything or sit down until then, ok? I'm just kidding of course, I'd never have the willpower to not eat (I LIKE eating) and lord knows I sit down a lot. That may change soon though because my family just bought a Wii + Wii Fit (it should arrive tomorrow!) so hopefully I'll be moving my arse more.
Do I get a job now and take a leave of absence in Feb, or wait til I come back to get a job? Either way I'm going to need a job so I can get some more money together.

Somehow this turned into more of a to-do list for me than a post, but it's all the thoughts that are going through my head right now so that's what you get! :)

No comments: