Pages

Monday, August 30, 2004

it seems like such a long time since I've blogged...

So have you ever had one of those weeks where it seems like everything is just long and drug out and that when you think back on another time in the previous week it seems like such a long time ago... and then you realize that it was just 4 days ago. Not the weeks like you tallied in your head by the amount of emotions you went through, no, mere days. In another mere 4 days I will hopefully be at home in my own bed. Or, not in my bed since it's early, but at least in my house. In my home. Sometimes I miss it, and sometimes I think it's cool to be here. In a dorm. Sharing with 2 other girls. And some days I don't even mind the endless noise of people in the hall, or the hushed voices (after 'Quiet hours' officially starts at 10pm on a weekday) walking past your door. Sometimes it doesn't bother me. Most times it doesn't. And then every once in awhile you have a morning like I had, and all the stress you feel like you can endure comes at you at once.

Life's tough, wear a helmet. That should be changed to College is tough, wear a helmet. And if you sleep on the bottom bunk, I mean that literally. I've only hit my head on the edge while standing up once, but trust me once is enough to make me remember to duck.

"What's your favorite ice cream flavor?" " Do you miss your parents?" "Who is going to the ice cream social/foam party/music party/etcetera...?" There's a lot of questions asked, a lot answered. A ton of icebreaker things, such as games and.... learning how to salsa...
yes, that's right, I said I learned how to salsa. Now, kindly, pick your jaws up off the floor and I'll tell you how it's not what you think. Or maybe it is...

It was just a few simple steps, put together to form a couple little 'routines'. It was silly, but really fun once everyone (myself included, or perhaps foremost), loosened up and just laughed their way through it. This is the deal. There were about 100 kids in the group, give or take a few. I'm just going to make it 90 so it's easier for me to do the math. We were divided into groups of 3- 2 girls and a guy generally, with the tallest person (the guy almost always) being in the middle. We lined up so that if you were to draw a circle around the room, we were all standing the same way with the guy in the middle on the 'line' and 1 girl on the outside and one on the in. And so we salsa'd. Which basically means, we took 8 steps forward- hips and knees loose mind you- and 8 back, and then took spins under the middle guys arms. That whole routine, once everyone got the hang of it, took about 30 seconds each time and then after that us girls moved to the guy in front of us while the guys stay put. We made about a half circuit around the long circle, trading partners every time the whistle blew. And then we learned a new routine, where it's just 1 on 1, and involved putting our hands on eachothers shoulders/backs/hands. And then we did that for awhile, until every girl had moved danced with every partner once. It was crazy, but fun.

And there was a gameshow that I participated in, loudly amongst all the other kids and a wacky host/dj which was maybe the most fun I had. It was funny, the dj/host was sarcastic. It's one of those things I'm glad I experienced cause it was unlike me to do so.
I also went to a foam dance, but I didn't go in the foam. I went to the ice cream social with a group of girls including my roomates. Good ice cream, vanilla and caramel. yumm.

That's pretty much been my experience so far... I'd mention the scholarly stuff but... eh, I don't feel like it now. I'll blog again soon, before the new-ness wears off, count on it.

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thank you!
[url=http://lrsiapus.com/empw/sico.html]My homepage[/url] | [url=http://iisagfwx.com/iawn/flrg.html]Cool site[/url]

Anonymous said...

Great work!
My homepage | Please visit

Anonymous said...

Nice site!
http://lrsiapus.com/empw/sico.html | http://cnyfrtcg.com/lkfy/zrum.html