Pages

Sunday, April 17, 2005

better late than never?

The second post is a little late this week, but I blame my sister...
She spent the weekend here with me, at college. As I informed her, she's now ahead of a lot of other kids her age. How many 15 year olds that you know get to spend the weekend at a college? I think she had fun... this school does tend to be known as a "suitcase school" though, most of the students go home for the weekends. So it tends to get a little boring sometimes, but I think overall she had fun. We watched movies, went to walmart, took the shuttle there, gave her a little tour of my classroom building, and ate in the cafeteria. We were going to see a band tonight, but they apparently broke up and cancelled the gig or something. Who knows. So instead we sat out in the amphitheater until we got tired of sitting on cold slate slab seats. Then we came inside and watched Dogma. Fun fun. Tomorrow at noon we're going to brunch, and sometime after that hoov is going home :(
She wants to come up next weekend, but I think I'm going home instead. There's always next year, when I'll be living in a suite...

No comments: