Pages

Monday, May 08, 2006

summer plans

So I have this summer all planned out already. There will be no special trips/vacations, they wouldn't be much fun without dad anyway and he wont be out for another 3 months... around Aug. 10th...
This summer will be spent working as many hours as the store will give me. I know I said I didn't want to go back to work there, but really it's best. My mom works there now, all of the people that know me from when I worked there love me (thats not an exaggeration, they really do ask about me all of the time and ask my mom when i'm coming back to work etc). Mom and I will get to carpool, I'll be getting half-decent money, and I'll be back mainly in the section i like- Jewelry dept.
That in itself was a big drama for me. Contrary to how I may come across, I'm not one for confrontation. So when I was told I could come back to work whenever I wanted to start, I expected to be put back in jewelry since the manager of jewerlry said they needed help and I was great there and I actually liked it (most people find it boring, but I liked it for some reason and occupied myself).
However, I was told by the main boss (Ms.J) wouldn't be put back in jewelry. "Maybe a few hours, but mainly register... maybe we'll train you for the service desk too.." Aggggh!! I was seething. I even thought of not working there at all, since I couldn't have the dept. I wanted. (Yea, I'm that stubborn, and I do have other options available... it just would have been easiest to work there..)
Anyways, long story shorter, the jewelry manager tells my mom today that she had a long talk with Ms J. about me (without even knowing the drama that I was going through) and told her that they NEED someone in jewelry and she wants me IN JEWELRY at least 20 hours a week and not on register/service desk etc. And then when my mom said that that's good because I was mad about not getting jewlerly and contemplating not working there at all, the jewelry manager freaked out and said that I will definetly get my hours in jewelry and said I cant go anywhere else. :)

So my summer will be spent working 30+ hours a week (although not full time [40] i bet because then i'd have to get benefits etc and they wont do that) and then in my free time...

I'm going to try to scrounge up the energy/desire to draw for an hour a day. Sometime somehow. My mom pointed out to me that I was a lot less stressed and a lot more "normal" (as in, not crying in a 1hour car ride for no real reason) when I was sketching every day. And I really did like it. And I was half decent at it (that's as far as I'll compliment it- people have told me I'm pretty good but I criticize myself and see all the flaws that people overlook and dont see).
So this summer I'll be working and sketching. And maybe that'll make me normal again. And then Fall of Junior year will start and I'll be crazy again.
What a vicious cycle. :)

No comments: