Pages

Tuesday, March 09, 2004

yadda yadda. bladda bladda. or something like that.

pretty soon i'm going to be starting a game. well, it's not originally my game, I didn't think of it or anything, but nonetheless I'm going to play it on here anyway. It involves linking a bunch of blogs that I've never visited before. So be on the lookout for that game sometime soon. Keep checking back. It'll be fun. I'll give you more details when I play it, which will probably be sometime this week since I have 4 days off (today being the first, so 3 left). woohoo for games, and days off!

i'm sick of blogging about my days off. that has to get boring for you people, maybe as boring as it gets for me to type it. So, on that note, no more mentions of my days off. for this week anyway ;)

I've gotten a few positive responses on an explanation of an incident/person/ghost in the book Beloved. I'm rather pleased with my answer myself. I actually said that the one character wasn't actually a real human after all, that she was instead a "manifestation of Sethe’s guilt over killing the baby", and that each character in the book that had seen Beloved (the ghost/baby) wasn't actually seeing her, they each had their own reasons to create Beloved in their heads. of course that all sounds a lot more put-together and thought out in my actual assignment. This is just me remembering what I put for the assignment. You know what? Reading that book I kept thinking how horrible it was, and how we shouldn't have been made to read it (because of the gross images induced, sex, rape, cuss words, slavery, etc). But now that I've read it, and have had to run it through in my mind so many times because of the essay/trial that I had to write, I think I liked the book. It's certainly not anything that I would have ever chosen to read, but I'm almost glad I did read it just because it made me think. It made me excited to think of possibilities for the characters actions.

Speaking of being excited, I just got an amazing publication/magazine in the mail. From the college that accepted me. It came in an envelope, along with a handwritten note saying how they thought I might enjoy a copy of the magazine since my major will most likely be Pre-law/English. And let me say, it is an amazing collection of stories, artwork, and poems. It actually made me want to go to the college, just so I could meet these amazing minds that are there. The people who have the ability to string together stories/poems/artwork that makes you cry just reading/looking at it. You feel the anguish, happiness, all of that. All that they intend you to feel when reading their work, you do. And then some. It's just so amazing. If I had never recieved any other information on this college whatsoever besides this magazine, this magazine would have made me apply to this college. Just based on the magazine. And this is the one I got accepted to! I am truly amazed, and full of self-doubt. I mean, how could I not be when I got accepted to a college that has such amazing talents? What am I going to be expected to write? I cringe at the thought.

However, I'm ready for the challenge. I haven't felt challenged intellectually lately. I'm not saying that my schoolwork is too easy, it isn't by any means. However, memorizing the differences between ionic and covalent compounds, geomoetry theorms, etc, is not near as stimulating to my brain as holding an actual conversation discussing and debating works of art or literature. There's just no comparison for me.

And the garage just called with my car, it will be fixed somewhat, and it cost me $130 or something like that. Good thing I waited to get my credit card, eh? I have a $250 limit on the card, and I spent $5 on clothing... So I only had $245 to get my car fixed. lol. It does still need a radiator, but that would have made the total cost about $500, and my dad said he can just fix it with some radiator-leak blocker gunk that he has. Or he'll put the new one in. Which will be a lot cheaper than the garage doing it. So yay! And there was some other belt that I needed-- a techner belt?-- but it's only used when you use the air conditioning... Sooo... I no longer use my air conditioner in my car. lol. I never used it anyway. I love an open window. Apparently my techner? belt is broken, and that's what is making my car so god-awful (yet hilariously IMHO) loud. So, if they just take that broken belt off, I won't have the noise anymore. I could have gotten the belt fixed, but that would have been about another $100, and since my car will be perfectly fine (minus no AC) without it, we (dad and I) decided to just say heck with the belt. No sense wasting money I don't have on something I don't need and wouldn't use anyway.

No comments: