Pages

Wednesday, March 08, 2006

After spring break..

I plan on being better. Yes, my grades at midterm weren't bad, you may even say pretty good, but I mean better at being me. You see, last semester I wasn't myself. I think I've changed a lot, but some of the things I've just picked up doing just aren't ME and I want to go back to how I used to be.
Examples:
I never smile at people anymore. Freshman year i'd smile and say hi to people (even if i didn't know them) as I was walking to/from class. This year I put my head down and only smile if they say hi to me and they get a 'hey' back usually. I hate that. I don't know why I stopped being friendly, but it's irritating and I'm going to have to consciously break the cycle.

I've stopped caring how I dress. This is kind of strange because I work in a financial aid office so you'd think I'd want to dress nicely since everyone else does, but it's not required and so I don't take the extra time. I think partially it's because my body's changed a bit (for the worse!) and the clothes that I think used to be nice aren't AS nice anymore and so I don't bother. However... that's going to change too. No more going to class with mainly wet hair, it has to be almost dry so it looks like i care at least enough to dry it... No more throwing on the same outfits every week... I have over 50 shirts and I only wear maybe like 8 of them... I know you're not supposed to care what you look like in college, practically everyone wears sweats, but sheesh it'd be nice to look nice every once in awhile.

Ok so that's it. 2 not major issues, but they're do-able so I shall get them accomplished and start feeling better about myself. Right? Right.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

hehe awww thank you! :P
Hope you are well
x

Anonymous said...

you shoulda seen the horrible things i would wear to college! i looked near homeless! lol

there was always a constant battle between trying to get myself un-depressed enough to get dressed up and um and .... wait that "un" confused me, and i'm not sure how to continue the rest of the sentence in english. basically, there was the "well, what's the point of dressing up? i don't care what any of these people think of me" and there was the "i'm only here for 3 hours, why bother?" and so on........

ramble ramble