Pages

Sunday, September 02, 2007

school- week 2

Ok, so I didn't start week 2 yet so really I can't post about it. What can I post about then? How about week 1?

Week 1 was filled with lots of activity, starting on Sunday (26th) with moving into my dorm. It wasn't so bad, it was just my mom and I and we managed. The hardest part was the parking. It's so unorganized at my school on moving-in day, it always is. And when we mentioned the chaos and lack of parking to my RA all she said was "you should have seen it on freshman move-in day." Yea, cause that's helpful.

We changed parking spots twice, we kept the furthest away spot for just moving my stuff in and then when it came time to move my mini-fridge (which my dad had tied to a handtruck) we tried to get it out of the van... but that wasn't going to happen easily. And so we tried shoving it forwards more, but it was as forward as it was going to go. See, when we put it in the van I tried saying that it wasn't going to fit standing up properly and may have to be put onto its side. That was met with an abrupt 'No, it'll fit.' Well guess what, you can push a fridge into the van by brute force but its a bit difficult to get it out after! Finally my roomie got it out by crawling into the van and tipping onto its side a bit as we pulled on the handtruck's handle. But sheesh what a hassle.

Ok, so once I'm all moved in it was time to unpack right? Yea, right. I was all moved in by about 1pm, fast forward to 9pm and I still have most of my clothes and a couple of desk items on my bed. Oh, and not to mention my bed isn't even made yet. Oops. I hate unpacking.


Ok enough boring move-in day crap. My roomies are nice, some are nuttier than others but I guess you can expect that when you move in with 5 other girls. Yea, five. What was I thinking?!

But it's not so bad. I'm hardly there anyway, I'm planning to get a job at home so that means I'll be at school possibly Monday night or Tuesday morning until Thursday afternoon and Friday, Saturday, Sunday, and most of Monday are spent at home/working. Today I told my roomie Caitlin that it's more like I'm a friend that spends 3 nights in her room and stores all my crap there. Hah. Senior year and I'm not even spending it at school. Yea well, there's always next semester... who knows what my schedule will be then.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

weird...strange...interesting
dont let me keep you from sleeping smushy
hi annoying roomies *waves* LOL
mwuahsphixiates ya