Pages

Monday, June 20, 2005

'Just let me know...'

Blah blah blah. Work work work. I worked 2 days of 9 hour shifts, and the 2nd day (yesterday) I only had 1 hour lunch break and about a 5 minute break (half an hour before I left for the day) because we were so busy. We're understaffed and over-customered. I like being busy, but when I'm running the jewelry counter and taking care of customers that want to see this necklace or that bracelet- and I have to stay with them while they decide if they want it or not and put it back in the case if they don't- AND take care of customers that need to purchase regular items, it gets way too hectic.
And my legs! Well, my thighs specifically. The locks for the cases are close to the floor, so all day I'm like squatting down to lock/unlock the cases and my legs are really getting a workout out of it! Yesterday and all day today my legs hurt whenever I had to move.

Oh, and my brother and sister are sick. The flu or whatever it is that is going around. And when I went in for medicine the checkout girl said "aww who's sick?" and I said my brother and sister and then she said "oh so you'll be in here tomorrow getting medicine for yourself" haha. It'll probably come true, so it's not funny. I don't need to get sick now, I have a job! I had a month+ when I could have gotten sick and it would have been convenient. Sheesh. I'm taking Vitamin C drops so hopefully that helps ward off the germs. Yuck.

No comments: