Pages

Saturday, January 10, 2004

reach out and touch... a truck?!?

yep, almost died. seriously. and yea, i guess the 'almost' was a little obvious, as i'm not writing from the grave. :p

Friday afternoon (well, it was dark outside) I had to take a movie back to the movie store, and so I took hoov with me, because she always insists on going with me, whenever i drive somewhere, for some strange reason. So the road that the video place is on is a pretty major road, and so to turn into the video place there is a turning lane. I was driving down that road and just starting to go in the turning lane, until I had to go over a bit because I realized a truck was in my lane... except the tractor trailor was going the wrong way. It's hard to explain. The truck had crossed the yellow line, he was coming from the opposite direction as I was, and he was in my turning lane. Well, when he whizzed by us (didn't even notice he was in the wrong lane) I bet I could have reached out and touched the truck, it was that close. I even made sure afterwards he hadn't hit my mirror because it was so close. So after it happened I started laughing because for some reason I found it a bit funny, seeing as how right before I left I said to my parents "see you in a bit. unless we die getting there. in which case I'll haunt you so either way see you soon". Odd, eh? Hoov was/is still shaken up about it, she claims she can close her eyes and "still see the lights of the truck!" lol. what a dramatist.

No comments: