Pages

Friday, February 13, 2004

have a nice day...

as most of you know, i am a cashier at a department store. i am generally a happy cashier, and also polite, saying please and 'thanks very much' when appropriate. I also sometimes elect to say "have a nice night/day" to certain customers when I feel like it. I only say it when I mean it, and truly wish that customer a good day. Therefore, I am crushed when people throw off a just-to-be-polite-and-return-the-nicety 'you too'. I mean, come on it's so obvious you don't really wish me a nice day, you wouldn't care if I went out and got lost except for that would mean you'd have to wait longer for someone to ring out your purchases. if I say 'have a nice day' and really mean it, why can't you? Is it too much to ask that you wish someone a nice day?

but you know what's better? when the people don't say anything in return. granted, some of the older people may not have heard me, but i know for a fact others did. And they don't say anything. But I prefer that to a fake have a nice day. At least those people are honest.

Moral of the story: heather doesn't wish everyone a good day, so when she wishes one to you you should be nice and actually mean it when you wish her one back! grr.

No comments: