Pages

Friday, February 13, 2004

note to self: stock pens on nightstand

The other night I was on the computer trying to come up with more words to meet my 1000-2000 word requirement for an essay thing i have to write. I have to host a mock trial for a charachter in a book I just read, and be either prosecuting or defense attorney, decide the charges, and persue them. Anyway, part of the thing is I have to have witnesses (people from the books) and interview them, proving the innocence or guilt of the main charachter. So I'm writing, I come up with 3 credible witnesses... type type type.... done. 430 words..... what??? that's not enough. grr. i give up and go to bed, thinking maybe tomorrow it'll work better.

so I'm in bed, and I keep turning over the essay in my head. and that's when it occurs to me.... have the main character on the stand telling about it! duh! so I happen to spot my notebook laying on the dresser, and after searching for 10mins for a pen I find one, and write and write and write...... 300 words! woohoo. not done but getting there. woohoo.

No comments: