Pages

Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Right now I'm in this "I'm going to college and now high school work seems mundane" phase. I know I should be doing my schoolwork, and I know that I have to get passing grades so I don't lose my scholarships--- and yea, knowing all that, I just do what i have to to get by and not really put any major effort into the work itself.

I am starting to think that maybe it's the assignments themselves. When I'm challenged to write something, such as my senior project paper, I put effort into it and it turns out well written (in my teacher's opinion). But when it comes to doing other schoolwork that I don't have to get so involved in? I don't. I just put in minimal effort.

I put in the minimal effort... so I guess it's my fault then? It seems that way. But think about it this way, if you're bored at something, and completely uninspired to do it, what other effort can you put into it? If you're not interested, you certainly can't involve your whole heart/effort in the project. It's just impossible.

My task is figuring out what's wrong with me. And how to get back on track. Did you know I got 2 'C's and 1 'A' this past quarter? (I only have 3 graded classes). That's not exactly good. It's not horribly bad either but... well, if I had gotten this report card 2 years ago I would have locked myself up in my room crying my eyes out. Not this year. This year I open it, look at my grades, and say "mom you're not going to be happy." That's all. I wasn't surprised at my poor grades. And that, well, it *socks.

*socks is my family's new word for 'sucks'. i.e.-- you sock.

No comments: