Pages

Thursday, April 08, 2004

strawberry jam, strawberry/bannana split pie, strawberry shortcake, strawberry cheese cake, strawberries and sugar, strawberries and cool whip...

yum. As you can probably tell, I have strawberries on the brain. Actually, they're partly on my jeans too. Shall I start from the beginning?

As you may or may not have read, my family has a bit of a fruit obsession. No, wait, that's not correct. We do love fruit, but we tend to get it in mass quantities during the spring/summer months. So, today we drove down to pick up my dad at a flea market, and we decide to walk through the flea market and see what we could find to buy. After an extensive search for good-looking daffodils (which i gave up on), my mom passes by a fruit stand. At the end of the day. And in case you've never been to a flea market (you weirdo! go!), I'll let you in on a 'secret', they have their best deals at the end of the day usually. Yes, the quality isn't as good, but depending on what it is it doesn't matter. Anyway, my mom ended up getting 2 FLATS (about 9 contains of strawberries per flat so 18 packs!) of strawberries for $2 a flat. The only thing is, some of the strawberries are a bit rotten, that's why they were so cheap. But mom just goes through them and ditches the rotten ones. Anyway, so I'm carrying these strawberries, and I get a pink stain on the front of my jeans. Lovely. In spite of that, I really could eat some strawberries right now.... however, it's 1:30 in the morning, and i think mom might have a heart attack if i ate the strawberries she just cut up for baking lol. :)

My Zippy (car) is fixed!!!! I can't tell you how happy that makes me. Today I drove around, blaring the radio and singing as loud as I wanted- I was the only person in the car. So if you saw me driving today and thought me a loon, well, I am and so you're correct.

I like to sing in the car. It's freeing almost. Especially when there's nobody else in the car with me. I like to just sing, and not really care what I sound like. Which is good, because I'm sure I sound terrible... but it doesn't matter when you're alone.

No comments: