Pages

Friday, July 11, 2003

Did you ever hear that song that the chorus goes "momma's little baby loves shortenin, shortenin, momma's little baby loves shortnin bread"? I remember I used to listen to it all the time when I was little. My dad bought me a record with it on (yep, record) and I used to dance around the house screaming the chorus. My mom used to ask me if there were any other words to the song, to which I swore there wasn't. Just the chorus. I miss that song. I haven't heard it in ages, I don't know what happened to the record (probably got overplayed and then trashed). I looked up the lyrics online, and the only hits I could find (which there wasn't many) didn't have the lyrics I remember. Apparently there's different versions of the song.

On another note, my mom broke her foot. Again. The same foot as last time. And this time (like every other time) she refuses to go to the hospital/doctor for it. At least we're pretty sure it's broken. It happened a few days ago, and she's been walking on it (painfully), but today it really swelled up because we went to the store. So it has to be broken or it wouldn't be so bad. At least that's our logic. So for now she's staying off of her foot as much as possible (or I yell at her to sit down). This is the second time she's broken the same foot. And then we went down to my dad's work today, and right as we got there he was hunting for a bandage because he smashed his thumb with a wrench while working on our 'new' (new to us) van. It wasn't serious though, it stopped bleeding within a few minutes. Sheesh.

Wow, did you notice I used proper capitalization throughout this whole post? What's wrong with me?!?

No comments: