Pages

Friday, July 04, 2003

Hi everyone. Long time no blog. Sorry about that. I've just finally gotten a free moment, and I felt like blogging, so here it is.

I've run out of blogging steam lately. It's not through any fault of...well, anything. I've just felt like I've either had nothing to blog about, or I've been way too busy. But I think I've got my steam back (or maybe it was just the first caffinated (sp?) soda I had today in over 3 months..) so expect much better/frequent blogs.


How was your 4th? Mine was ok. It wasn't great, maybe a luke-warm good. I started it off horribly, I was extremly mad about having to go to this 4th Party/get-together at my aunt's house. I didn't want to go swimming, which I knew everyone would be doing, so I knew it wasn't going to be much fun for me, and yet my parents were still making me go anyway. So, I didn't talk to them except where absolutly necessary until 12/noon. And then we left at 12:30. I know it sounds childish to not talk to them, but it's the only way they realize the extent of my annoyance. I tried just talking to them when I'm mad at them, but they just brush me off. First I have to make them realize "Oh, Heather's not fun when she's mad" and then they pay attention. It's an annoying thing to do, because I like to talk, but yea well. I also can't eat when I'm upset (which is weird I guess) so I didn't have anything for breakfast besides a couple spoonfuls of applesauce that I had gotten but then discarded when it made my stomach hurt. So that was my morning. Not very happy, is it? Things got a little better from there though.

The best part was I got to hang out with my cousin (Cain- see pic below), who's only 8 months old. Well, I guess technically he's my 2nd cousin since his mom is actually my cousin...or maybe I'm his grand-cousin? Confusing. Anyway, I didn't want to go swimming today, so I volunteered to watch Cain while my cousin (his mom) went in the pool. His mom tried holding him while he was in the pool, but he hated the pool. It was his first time in any pool, and he just kept screaming and screaming, so I volunteered to babysit him since I wasn't doing anything half-decently fun anyway. Plus, he's a really happy baby (always giggling- until you put him in a pool I guess) so it was easy. This is a pic of him and me (taken by his mom):

(pic deleted)

And then around 5/6 o'clock we left. Which was good because, even though I like watching Cain, I had had enough of being at my cousins. Normally my cousin (Mandy) and I get along extremely well, and we weren't fighting or anything today, it was just...akward I guess. Her boyfriend was over (he always is) and I don't really know him and I tend to not talk around people I don't know, so it was just weird when I was there. I kind of felt like the 7th wheel. (7th because there were 5 other people- Mandy, her bf, Mandy's friend Kyle, my other cousin that I don't really get along with, my other cousin and his gf) Like I said, I don't dislike any of those people (except one cousin) but it was just weird having to be there. It's much better when it's just Mandy and me, we can talk without akwardness. Yea well, life goes on.

"Whine Whine Whine. Want some cheese with that?" Sorry, I just felt like I was whining, which I guess technically I was. lol.


New template. I was sick of the gloomy one, even though I liked it. Everytime I looked at it it un-inspired me to blog.


Oh! My mom got me the best sticker! You know those sticker vending machines they have where you put 50cents in and it gives you a random sticker? Well if I like most of the designs in the windows I usually get one of those stickers whenever I go to the store. And if I like the sticker, I put it on my car bumper (so far it has 1, and another one in my dashboard because I don't want to put it on till the one that is on it falls off). My mom was returning a U-Haul we had rented, and she picked me up one of those stickers, except it's bigger (about 8x5?) and it wasn't random because the stickers were all sitting on a pile. Anyway, my sticker says:

T.G.I.F.
Thank Got I'm Female

haha, I just thought it was hilarious, since I (generally) think guys habits are disgusting. My mom said "I saw it and thought it suited you perfectly" :) I put it on my car bumper right away :)


Well I've better go, only one more load of laundry to fold and then I'm done. Till tomorrow anyway ;)

No comments: