Pages

Tuesday, July 08, 2003

Some people just don't deserve the space their IMs take up on my screen. That was my thought for today. Someone IMd me for the sole reason of annoying me. It didn't work, because I knew that was their purpose, but just the fact that the person had that much time/energy to waste made me feel sad for them. How pathetic must you be to IM strangers and call them nasty (unoriginal) names?

We're getting a new bathroom floor. Our old floor was rotting through (bathroom water dripping in the kitchen--eww) and so today my dad worked on putting in a new floor for about 5 hours. Well, he worked at it for 2 hours, went away to work for about 3, and then came back and worked on it again for 3 hours. And its still not done. So far he has half the floor/wood laid down, just the part around the toilet, the bathtub has yet to be done. Hopefully tomorrow it'll all be done, and we'll be looking at our new linolium (that almost matches our wall color) compared to the wood and ugly broken tan linolium that is there now. It'll be much better. At least I'm hoping, seeing how my dad is working hard on this. I can't see how it couldn't be better, almost anything would be an improvement over having to put a bucket under various spots of the kitchen ceiling/bathroom floor, right?

I got a new desk top :) It's much better than my old one. This one actually covers my desk, where as before it only covered part of it. It's just 2 pieces of our old entertainment center screwed together to form one big piece, with lips on it because I was afraid one time I would kick my file cabinet harder than I intended to and I would end up with a monitor with a huge hole in it. That would have been tragic. I like my new desktop much more than the old one, it's much prettier looking and it actually is too big for my desk (there's about a 6inch overhang) so it's more room for my keyboard and I can slouch/sit much better.

Wow that was boring, wasn't it? It seems all I talk about is my day. Which is annoying since my days really aren't that interesting. Except today when I poured Chocolate Syrup on my mom :) I would say I'll try to be controversial and talk about things that aren't really relevant to my day, but I doubt that would last long anyway so I might as well not even bother.

On another note, I really really really need to get back into my exercising/water drinking mode. I'm off of it for a long time now, and there is no way I'll lose enough weight by October at this rate. grrrr. I'm lazy though, I know that's my problem. I think "oh, I'm not doing anything right now, I should go do a mile" but then I think how that involves changing my clothes, going upstairs, finding music/tv that I want to watch/listen to while I workout, finding a fan to put on so I don't die of heat... and then I think I'm too tired for all that right now. It's pathetic. Even right now as I'm writing this I'm thinking how comfy my bed is, and how I have a book I'm itching to get started. Even though I know I could knock out some situps/stair exercises instead of doing this blog. Grrrr. Hmm. I'm going to make I made a blog to track my progress. maybe I'll be inspired to do it so I can blog about it. Cause there's no doubt about it, I need to get back on track.

I've been staying up too late too, but that's not my fault (of course). lol. My parents bought me a whole box (about 60?) of books, that I'm dying to read. So once I get wrapped up in one of those books, sleep comes second. The other night I stayed up till 4:30am reading, and then I woke up at 9, and went shopping (Kmart). The cashiers were all saying how late they stayed up (1 was latest) and then mom said "and what time did you go to bed heather?" and I said "4:30" and they all almost fell over. It was funny. Of course I didn't tell them that I wasn't doing anything physically strenuous, just reading. That would have ruined it. But it was funny.

And now this blog was long enough, I have a book awaiting me. Oh my exciting life ;)

No comments: