Pages

Sunday, August 03, 2003

According to my site meter, 8 people (one of them was me) visited my site today. And yet nobody commented! Or only Lyra commented, depends when she visited :) Anyway, what I want to know, who all is reading my blog? Is my commenting system just wrong? I'd appreciate it if everyone that visits tomorrow/tonight/in the near future would sign my zonk board (just say hi or something, and leave a link so I can go to your site :) or just say hi in the comments. I'd really like to know that there are actually people reading this blog, and I'm not just typing to myself :)

I found this on some blog I was at, so I decided to fill it out.

*RANDOM FACTS*

last car ride: today, on the way home from my dad's work.

last good cry: the other week when I got mad at my dad (I cry when I'm mad more often than when I'm sad)

last library book checked out: hmm I dunno. A romance one, of course ;)
last movie seen: on tv: Son In-Law (with Paulie Shore :) In theater: pirates of the caribbean (best movie I seen all year, a new favorite of mine. I love this movie!)

last book read: I don't know, I'm really absorbed in 2 books currently, a romance book and "The Canterbury Tales" by Chaucer

last beverage drank: water. tons of water. :)

last food consumed: chocolate chip pancake

last crush: hmm. I dunno. real life? A guy named Charlie in my old neighborhood. As of now I don't have any.

last phone call: When I answered the phone and it was my aunt wanting to talk to my mom. I don't get phone calls, cause everyone knows I hate my voice and prefer IMs, lol

last tv show watched: well, ABC's 'The Restaurant' is on right now, but I"m not watching it. Umm... I watched PMK today, a lot. (PMK= Popular Mechanics for Kids. neat show)

last time showered: this morning

last shoes worn: my black sandals.

last cd played: Well the last time I played a CD (lately it's just been the radio) was Friday when I was dancing around...erm, I mean cleaning, the kitchen. I played my Sister Hazel tape, the 'Square Dance' song off of the Eminem Show cd, a few songs off of Good Charlotte's cd (mainly because Gidget loves GC, it's funny, she'll always come to wherever I am and sit with me when I put them on. And if I say "Gidget want to listen to Good Charlotte?" she'll follow me to go listen). Oh yea, and I sang/danced/listened to Pat Benetar too.

last annoyance: my last annoyance? hmm. probably when my mom told me to not forget to get the wash from the other side of the room, which I was already going to get. she was being grumpy, so that was annoying.

last disappointment: constant disappointment is my dad not being able to quit drinking beer. A not so heavy disappointment is finding gross advertising on the back of the Sept. issue of YM

last soda drank: Sprite
last thing written: this :)

last key used: Delete to erase the previous answers :) And before that, it was > so I could end the BR tag

last word spoken: g'night

last sleep: last night, from like midnight-9am

last sexual fantasy: yea, like I'm putting that on the net. I don't need a bunch of sickos emailing me, thank you very much :p

last weird encounter: a guy at my dad's work can't figure out which sister is who. Like he'll look at Heidi and say "and you're...Heather, right?" and vice-versa. It was kind of funny at first, but now I wish he'd stop guessing since he does it every week and always gets it wrong.

last time wanting to die: when little Heather was hit by a car. It hurt so bad to think of her hurt.

last time in love: always :) with my family, haha. Never in love romantically.

last time hugged: hmm... that would be a couple weeks ago when I got into a fight with my dad and he hugged me afterwards. I'm not one for being hugged, I don't really like to hug.

last chair sat in: my desk chair, duh. :P before that it was our new pink sofa

last lipstick used: well, I don't normally wear lipstick, but there was a free sample in a magazine so I tried that on. Don't know what it was called though, sorry.

(I'm deleting questions I think are too weird to answer)

last shirt worn: the one I'm wearing now.. tan tank top. Before that (earlier today actually) was a white spaghetti tank top. And then before that (last night? early today?) was a blue tank top. I like tank tops, lol

last time dancing: at a wedding over a year ago. I don't like dancing.

last poster looked at: does my free Dog Chow calendar count?

last show attended: I've never been to a "show". Unless you count the show/movie Pirates of the Carribean?


Ok so that's it for those.

As you might have read, up there ^ in the facts somewhere, YM magazine is a disappointment to me. On their latest issue (Sept. 2003) they have an ad for perfume. No big deal, perfume is an ok thing to advertise. But then, in this full-page/back cover ad, they have a girl- staring into the camera I guess seductively- with the caption "watch out, Monsieur". Ok so all that's not bad, but if you ad it up with this--- she's wearing a see through (plastic looking fishnet type thing) dress, and it shows her nipples. I mean, come on! This is an ad that's in a magazine for young girls. 10-15/16 seems like the targeted age. I could see putting this ad in a magazine for older teens/women, like Cosmo for example, but YM?!? Doesn't that seem a little wrong, or is it just me? I wrote YM an email, although I doubt they'll even read it or reply. Here's what I wrote:

Hi. I'd just like to say that I normally enjoy looking through YM the minute it arrives in my mailbox, and your September 2003 issue was no different.
(that was just sucking up so they don't automatically delete my email, it's not really true)

However, when I finished reading this issue (which took a remarkably little amount of time due to the increasing number of advertisements instead of content) I flipped the magazine over to see the back, I noticed that in the ad for 'COCO Mademoiselle Chanel Paris perfume' the girl is wearing a see-through dress. You can see her nipple! The ad is for perfume, and it's in a magazine that is geared towards young girls. I just thought it was highly inappropriate.


Maybe YM should look for advertisers/companies that don't use a "sex sells" policy.

~Heather

So what do you think? Was I right to email them? The nipple isn't that obvious, I only noticed it because of the angle I had the magazine laying on the coffee table and how I was looking down at it. But my point is, it shouldn't be there no matter the angle. Should it? Maybe I'm blowing it out of proportion. But it irked me, seeing this "sexy" thing in a magazine geared towards young women. And its not even like they needed to put the girl in a see-through dress, it's not like they're advertising the clothes, it's for perfume for goodness sake. Grrr. I'll let you know if I get a reply back from them.

No comments: