Pages

Friday, August 08, 2003

It's only 11pm (11:09 if you want to be technical) and I'm already getting tired. What's wrong with me?!? I used to be able to stay up till like 2am with no thoughts of sleep. Then again, that's when I'm on the computer and people are actually talking to me. I actually resorted to going into the yahoo study group chat again the other night, just because I wanted to talk. I met a kinda cool guy, we talked for like an hour a day for maybe 2 days, and we haven't talked since. burnout syndrome. It happens a lot. To me anyway. I'll be having a great time talking to someone I just met, we can talk for hours and hours, and then like the next day it seems we ran out of things to say. Even if we don't talk for a few days, the conversations pretty much go "what's up?" "not much, you" "same" end conversation. Not very interesting, is it? There's only a few people that I instantly "click" with (chat wise, I mean) on yahoo IM. And none of those people are on right now, grrr.

I went with my parents to an auction yesterday. It was a school auction, so there was computers and such, most of it was inside which was good. We got about 15 awesome art desks, they're really big (4x4 square?) and they have a thing so you can tilt the back of the desks up and hold it in that position... they're cool. we've had some before, I just really like these. I wanted one, my dad would have let me have one since he only payed like $3 for a row of 10, but I've no room for one :( Oh, and we got like 5 computers, but 3 went in the trash right away because they wouldn't boot up/were missing parts and we didn't feel like messing with them. The rest run Win95 (again! sheesh, can't seem to get away from 95) and have like 170mb ram. which I guess is good, mom likes the one computer better than the ones we had, the only problem is upgrading. But hopefully we can get that figured out, or figure out what we want to do or... everything's kind of on pause right now, lol.

I was sketching my dad's one barrel table that he made, and I decided to turn it into a little cartoon guy instead of a real-life sketch, and so I gave it funny eyes/ears/nose/mouth, turned the middle of the barrel into a round tummy/chest with a tie, gave him a belt and shorts, and I gave him 3 feet with 3 toes per foot. Sheesh was that a mistake. My dad said he'd be cute if you wouldn't have drawn him with... well, lets just say he didn't interpret the extra foot as a foot. grrr. And it's so obviously a foot! If I were to draw that (which I wouldn't, least not on a cartoon, lol) why would I give it claws?!? grrr, that's just my dad, and I guess the mood he was in tonight (nit-picky and kind of grumpy, though he wasn't mad, he was just so sure that it was that and not a foot). And so to avoid anymore misinterpretations of the foot, I decided to erase it, but of course that would be the foot I drew too darkly and won't erase no matter how hard I use the eraser. sigh. yea well, nobody else is going to see it, especially not now, lol.

It's now 11:37pm, and no I wasn't typing this that whole time, I was talking to my cousin on IM too so :P

No comments: