Pages

Saturday, August 30, 2003

Leesa's link wasn't added when I put up this template. It wasn't intentional, I just copy/pasted the links off of an old template and put them in this one. Sorry Leesa.

I lost weight! Yay! I have this one pair of black jean shorts that always fit, but were like really really snug, and kinda uncomfortable. This week I started taking the dog (gidget) for a walk every day, and only eating 1 serving size of whatever I ate (still ate a lot though, since I snacked and stuff, but not as much as I normally would), and tons of water. So now my jeanshorts fit me really well, and I'm quite happy about it :) AND I'm exercising my willpower, because right now there is a pint (I pronnounce it pint rhymes with squint, I dunno why I just think it should be pronnounced that way) of Ben & Jerry's Peanut Butter Me Ice Cream sitting in our freezer. And it's all mine. I just have to be good and eat it only one serving size at a time (1/2 cup, compared to 1/2 pint like I'd normally eat). I just ate the serving size, and it was actually enough, so I think I'll be ok with not eating anymore for awhile. Till tomorrow anyway ;)

Update: Ok ok so I'm weak. Yell at me, please. Tell me I shouldn't let myself keep thinking about how it's just sitting in the freezer, waiting for me to eat it. Well, now it's downstairs in the basement freezer- the one that really freezes everything really cold so it takes awhile to melt to edible status... I figure maybe if I know I'll have to wait for it, and go all the way down (loL) into the icky basement (ok so it's not that bad but shhh! don't remind me it's not) to get it, I'll decide it's not worth the effort and not eat it. So yea, someone please IM me and tell me not to eat the stupid evil ice cream.

We might start homeschooling again. We're not quite sure, everything is kinda up in the air right now because we're waiting for other charter schools to contact us (my old one is almost definetly closed), but even if we do end up going to them we have to go for an interview before enrollment, and the interview place is 4 hours away.... And the school didn't contact us yet... school starts there Sept. 2nd. We might just say heck with it and homeschool. Not sure. Anyway, if anyone has any good homeschool links, would you please let me know them? Just send/leave the links wherever, email, AIM, yahoo, tagboard, comments...

Yahoo Groups is so slow for me. It stinks cause Leif might have just started a debate, and I replied, but it will probably be tomorrow before it shows up on the group. Grr.

It hit me how much stuff I take for granted. I mean yea, I always think/know my life could have been a heck of a lot worse, but watching the one show last night really hit me. The kid had SIDS (I think it's called that? It's "bubble boy" syndrom) and I just kept thinking how bad I felt for that whole family, and about all the kids that don't get the transplants and everything that is required and they end up either dying or living in a steralized (so called) bubble. And then I think how lucky I am that I have an immune system that is healthy. I mean yea, I get sick/colds, but this little 2 year old boy could get one little common cold germ and end up dead because his immune system couldn't handle it. That just really made me realize how lucky I was to be born healthy.

On a happier note, I just found out that the library has 5 books from a new favorite author of mine- Teresa Medeiros. I read "Fairest of Them All" and I loved it. Even though it's a romance, it has really 'real' characters, dealing with what could be real issues- well, real issues with spins of course. who wants to read a romance that could be totally real? :P Check out the links (her name and the book title, title leads to more about that book) if you want to know more, which you probably don't but I thought I'd put it out there anyway :p

No comments: