Pages

Friday, August 22, 2003

long time, no update, eh? Sorry, I was/am just busy.

My school is closing, it's pretty definite. So now we're working on finding another school to go to, and we found one that seems ok, so we applied there. Hopefully we get in. it'd be best if Einstein opened again, but I'll hope for the more likely to happen thing and go with this new school we applied to.

Oh yea! Big News! I'm going to Arizona! With my cousin, Mandy. She's never been (I was there with my family once in '99(?), and she was taking her bf but they broke up. And so now I'm going. I did feel kinda cruddy, like I was second choice, but she explained that she honestly didn't intend for me to feel that way, and she said she was sorry she could see how I could get that impression. So, all is well between us again (unless she's annoyed with me always getting mad, which I don't think she is. hope not). I leave on October 5th and come back on the 13th. I'll probably sleep over at my cousin's house beforehand seeing as how our flight leaves at 9:30am. 9:30am flight leaves, and you're supposed to be there like an hour and a half before your flight is scheduled to leave, so that makes it we have to be there by 7am. Plus, it's like a 4 hour drive to the airport from my cousin's house (longer from my house), so I think we have to leave at like 2am lol. ZzZzZz. It'll be worth it though.

I was feeling guilty about asking my parents to spend that much money when money is already kind of tight, but they said I deserve one big fun trip before college. And it'll be like a major part (if not the whole) of my 18th birthday present. :) so now I don't feel as guilty, cause I know they'd feel bad if I didn't go just because of money. So, I'm going. Too late to back out now, I already have the ticket reserved and mom's (brand new) credit card charged. haha. No backing out. I just have to keep reminding myself it'll be fun. I dont doubt it will be, but I get extremely nervous about things sometimes and I talk myself out of them. That's what makes me glad we reserved the plane ticket and everything now, I cannot change my mind. Good. I think. lol.

blogskins.com isn't loading for me. grrr. And I was just going to get another layout without images, because this one takes soooo long to load. And I think I have popup ads because I use angelfire.com for my image hosting, so I think that the popup comes from that when I use it for an image. Sorry if it annoys you guys, like I said hopefully I'll be getting an imageless template soon.

Everyone keeps telling me I should make my own templates. I don't think I'm good enough to, I tried using CSS once (which is what I'd prefer to use if I made one) but I couldn't make it, it kept messing up. I need to learn more CSS before I try to again. Plus, with all the free templates out there, I don't see the point. Chances are someone out there will have if not the same exact layout, they will have one close to what you want. So why not just use the one someone else created and give them total credit? (if they let you use it, of course. i'd never steal a layout) Having a little link on the side in return for using cool templates doesn't bother me a bit. I don't even mind linking to the site in my post. Blogfrocks. Blogfrocks. Blogfrocks. See? I've no problem letting you know that Blogfrocks designed this layout and not me. lol.

Oh, in addition to being busy this week, I was off the web. My computer had a filtering system installed from when my school had told me to install it (which was no problem since I knew the filter override password, but it was ok because i was told I could uninstall the filter if I wanted, but I just thought using the pwd was easier). So... all is well until like beginning of this past week when the filter account suddenly stops working and refuses to let me go onto any websites at all. Grrrr. And the stupid thing is, to uninstall the filter you need to call a (long-distance) number and give them a code, and they'll give you a 4 digit code and then you can uninstall it. Well, somehow, after a few days of trying to uninstall without the code, my computer suddenly decides to let me uninstall it-- no code needed. My brother's computer still needs the code however. Mom tried calling the phone number at like 8pm tonight, but it kept ringing and ringing so we guess she needs to call during business hours.

As if all those computer problems weren't enough, my mom downloaded that new sobig Worm. GGRRRRRRR. That thing is so annoying! It's horrible knowing your computer has a virus and trying to think of anything you can do to fix it. After running a few virus fixers like 6 times (not an exaggeration, I ran one 4 times the one night, mom ran it at least 2 times the next day) it suddenly healed itself. I was so relieved. I hate viruses and worms. Stupid people. If you're mad at Billy Gates, send him an email or something, don't take it out on people who are too OS illiterate to use anything other than Windows (in other words, people like me/my mom lol).

Okies, that was a pretty long post, eh? I've better go, it's almost midnight. No I'm not going to bed, but I think this blog was long enough for everyone to suffer through ;)

No comments: