Pages

Monday, August 11, 2003

I have a zillion things to write about. Ok, so not quite a zillion, but a lot :) It was one of those days (like the good ol' days) when I'd just be doing something, and then think "Oh! I should blog about this!" and then my head would start thinking out about how I'd blog it down. Don't worry, I'll spare you most of it, how about a condensed version?

My day was filled with cleaning. I woke up at 9am (as I almost always do), took my shower (like always), and then cleaned and cleaned and cleaned. The first thing my mom said to me, after the original "Heather wake up!", was "oh Pudgy (neighbors dog) peed on the kitchen floor, and I think I wiped it up but now I have to go run your dad around on errands (he has no license) and so I can't finish, so would you please mop the kitchen floor?" Let me tell you, it stank. I was actually glad to clean the floor just so it wouldn't smell like dog pee. Stupid Pudgy. I even let him out at 11pm before I went to bed and he just sat at the back door until I let him in. grrrr.

So anyway, after moving everything in the kitchen (including the 8 2-liter bottles of soda we have stored underneath a cabinet, 8 packs of gatorade, chairs, the table) I mopped the whole floor. It's not really a big deal, I mop it occasionally, it's just annoying, lol. But a plus was I found my- previously lost- favorite stuff to mop with, Lysol Antibacterial Kitchen Counter Refill bottle! hehe, I know I'm weird, but I was happy because it makes it much easier. I don't have to lug around a rinsing bucket, just squirt and mop, squirt, mop. And it's antibacterial so I don't have to worry about any disgusting germs *cringe*

That was my morning. It took me a good hour and a half I'd say. Although more of that 1 1/2 was probably due to my changing the CD all the time, and dancing around with the mop, lol.

Then later I cleaned the rest of the kitchen, tried to pick up things in the office (which is almost impossible because there's no floor space, it's all computers), cleaned up the living room, picked up/ran wash through the machines. Dusted the stuff in the living room too. Oh! AND I cleaned off my desk :) It's messy now of course, but the point is, it was clean today :p

Then because our house gets a lot of foot/paw traffic running through it, the kitchen floor was messy again. I even tried following my brother and sister around with a towel for any drips they made on my nice clean floor, but it didn't work for too long, it got dirty anyway. So, I cheated :) I took the vaccume out to the kitchen, and used the hose to clean the floor. lol. Oh and the kitchen table (but I wiped the table with soap/water afterwards anyway).

And.... no, I think that's it. My days have been filled with cleaning. There hasn't been a day that has gone by lately that I haven't done some cleaning of some kind.

Oh except yesterday! Yesterday was fun :) Our town had a small parade type thing yesterday, so we went out and watched it. It was tons of fun just sitting there watching, but my mom hopes next year we'll actually participate in it. She has high hopes, lol.

And now because I still have another hour before my parents think they'll be home (they're at an auction) I'll blog the Friday5 (even though it's not friday, and it won't take me an hour, it'll kill some time...)

1. What's the last place you traveled to, outside your own home state/country?

I've never been outside the U.S. I'd like to, believe me, but my family/I don't have the extra $$$. My grandmother did, however, fly us out to visit her in Arizona a few years back. Hmm... in 1998? 1999? I think I was 13. Wow, it feels like it was yesterday, but it was so long ago :( I remember the "fun house" at the Circus Circus hotel in Las Vegas (yep, they took us to Vegas too, it was the best!), and my dad getting sick on it while us kids wanted to go on it again and again... Such fun. Oh wait, that wasn't the last place I've been. Just the best, lol. I've been to Baltimore after the AZ trip.

2. What's the most bizarre/unusual thing that's ever happened to you while traveling?


Hmm... I can't really think of any, besides that when we went to Arizona on the plane, we took with cans of soda (and ice) in our insulated cooler/bag as a carry-on bag. Well it had to go through the xray machines to make sure it wasn't anything harmful (it was even before 9/11), but right after we got it back from going through the xray we noticed... the bag was leaking. There was soda on the xray belt! They had to get paper towels and clean it up. Not exactly bizarre, but it's pretty unusual for a cooler bag to suddenly start leaking when there wasn't even a hole in it, lol.

3. If you could take off to anywhere, money and time being no object, where would you go?


AUSTRALIA. No question. I've just always wanted to go. I even said I was going to live there. I'm not sure about living there anymore, but I still definetly want to visit. I know a couple people in Australia so I could hang out with them... Plus I just think it would be fun :) Plus, just think of all those Australian Accents *sighs dreamily* ;) lol. And then after Australia (they didn't say only one place)... Las Vegas! I loved it there, bright lights, unusual sights/people, just a bunch of fun.

4. Do you prefer traveling by plane, train or car?


Well, I've only ever been on a plane, and in a car. I remember being in a train a couple times when I was littler, but being as how I barely remember it and it was probably just 10 minute rides, I'm not counting them. I loved the plane ride. I didn't think I would, I was scared to death of flying but I did actually enjoy it once I got over the initial AHHH! Sure beats having to spend a day in a hot stuffy car.

5. What's the next place on your list to visit?


College. Don't know where, lol

My parents are back early, so I'm offline bound now :)

No comments: