Pages

Tuesday, August 12, 2003

I feel like I should edit myself. And I hate that. I wobble back and forth between liking that I get new visitors to my site, and not liking it. I mean, I love when people come to my site and comment (didn't mean to offend anyone, I'm not talking about anyone that comments..) I just hate feeling like my site has lurkers. If that makes sense. If you come to my site, I like to know something about you, even if it's just if your opinion meshes or clashes with mine. I don't like the idea of a nameless/thoughtless face out there just reading my site.
I was looking over my statistics and I noticed that a few of the people came from search engines which, quite frankly, freaks me out. I hate the idea of people being able to find me from search engines. I don't mind if my URL is on a site where I commented or whatever, but the idea of people being able to enter in a couple words and find my URL out scares me. I don't want stalkers. Maybe I'm just paranoid, but I feel like I should completly edit everything before I say it. I mean, more so then I do now. Now I edit out like my city and my name and stuff like that, but I feel like I shouldn't tell my age in case there's freaks out there that are looking for a certain aged girl, etc.
Paranoid? What do you think? I know nobody can ever give guaruntees (sp?) that I will/won't get stalkers, but has anoyone else ever felt like this? And if so, what'd you do about it?
Agh. Maybe I should get rid of my site meter, it makes me stressed. Ignorance is bliss, right? So if I didn't have it...

No comments: