Pages

Wednesday, December 18, 2002

hi. :)

Has anyone ever read any books by Nathanial Hawthorne or Washington Irving? My American Lit. teacher said we're going to be reading books by those authors, but I don't know what books. I've never read anything by either of them, but I know I saw the movie sleepy hollow, which is a washington irving tale I believe..(could be wrong). I didn't like sleepy hollow. And I was never really into trying to read 'the scarlet letter', which is a book by hawthrone. She said we'll be reading a book by Hawthorne, Irving, and a few others, and if possible we'll get to Poe. I remember reading Poe when I was younger (the 'translated' version I'm sure, I'm told Poe in its actual writing is hard/harder to read, and since I was only like 8years at the time...). The one with the pounding heart under the floor boards? Something like that. It never scared me, it kinda bored and depressed me all at the same time. Sounds like a cheery year for American Lit, huh? lol. She said we might read Poe, if we get to it. She already has planned for us to read at least 3 books, do assignments on those, before Poe. It's over 1/4 of the way through the school year, so I doubt we'll get to it. Not that 3 books is a lot to read, but my teachers take FOREVER to put up assignments. So far this year in english class I've had a month without any teacher at all, and a grand total of 5 assignments. It's a good thing I have plenty of other classes to keep me occupied.

Tomorrow we're going shopping. Christmas shopping :) I think we're hitting like....5 stores. A dollar store, wal*mart, cvs, a used video game/cd pawn shop store place, and maybe kmart or something like it. Shop till we drop. I love it :)

I made a list! Of stuff I want. It's amazing. I was so happy to think of things. We might be exchanging my 8 Mile cd, cause it's from walmart and edited, and I prefer un-edited tapes. We might keep it, not sure. depends. This is all my stuff I thought of:

  • Good Charlotte 'Young & the Hopeless' cd (because I like the lifestyles of the rich and famous song... plus others probably)
  • Walkman CD player- $17 at walmart in cool colors. My last one was stupid, it skipped and finally broke, so I want another one. I'm going to use it to walk on our treadmill, cause I really should walk on the stupid thing, and it'll be so much easier with good music in my ears. :)
  • Harvest Moon Back To Nature
  • Tony Hawk Pro-Skater 4- for playstation

I think there was something else, but I can't think of it, and if I only get a few things on my list that'll be enough. I don't need my art kit organizer/box anymore, I used this one book that I have that has a hollow inside. Well, it's like a cheap book, made of cardboard, it doesn't really look like a book at all, but the point is it's a strong sturdy box that I have decorated now saying art kit and with all my art junk in it. It all fit, I was so happy.

I think I'm getting my mom a tweezers. shhhhh! Yea, a tweezers, as stupid as it sounds. She loves to pluck her eyebrows (she once overplucked them, then shaved them off. then she drew them on with an eyebrow pencil, it was funny.) It's like an addiction for her, and I'm always stealing her tweezers for some reason or another (and more often then not they get lost in the vast junky place that is my room, never to be found again...), so I'm going to get her a really sharp, 'proffesional' tweezers that I won't borrow.

Welp, it's almost midnight, and I have to get up before 9am tomorrow so I can go with my mom and sister to hoover's dentist appointment, and on from that...Shopping!!!!!


No comments: