Pages

Tuesday, December 31, 2002

Ok, so there's a new template :) I actually think I like this one. But I say that with all of them, haha. Tagboard was annoying me, because I couldn't make the box smaller. So I went with chatterbox.

Umm.... So, what's new in the life of heather...........

Nothing. wow, that's pathetic, not? Ok, so a little bit's new.

I went to the dentist today. Most people I've met don't like the dentist. I dont mind the dentist, I prefer them over going to the doctors actually. At least at the dentists you get novacain. That's what I got today, had to get a tooth filled. 1 of 3. grrr. They said if they would have put the sealant on in time, I wouldn't have gotten these cavities, but as it is they're about 6-8 months behind on putting the sealant on, because there is always such a long wait in between appointments that new cavities develop and they have to fix those before they can put the sealant on. grr. makes me mad.

Oh, we hooked our dvd player up!!!!!!!!! Boy was that a hassle. We had to get a RF Modulator because our tv doesn't have the one thing we needed, so we had to pay about $30 for that, then we got home and dad said we couldn't hook it up, because we still didn't have the one cord. He threw a huge fit, saying how it's all a conspiracy against consumers that you have to buy one thing one place, the cord for it at another, then the adapter somewhere else, etc. And when I say he threw a fit, I mean it. He was going to take the dvd player back. Then finally he said "Heather and mom go get the other cord" so when we got out to the car I explained to mom that I thought dad was wrong and wasn't looking at it right. No way would I have said that to dad, or I'd likely have gotten my head chewed off. lol. But about halfway to the mall mom and I were almost definetly sure we didn't need this cord, so we called dad from the cell phone and explained it. By that time he had calmed down and looked over the dvd player instructions (he was looking at the modulator instructions before), and he said yea, going by what we said and what the instructions say, he wasn't sure if we needed it either. So, he says "come on home and we'll try it". Lol. We did, and it worked!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Yay! I like the dvd player, it hasn't made that big of a difference in the 2 movies we've watched, but the sound is clearer, and the picture looks a little more 3D. I think it depends on what type of movie you watch. I want to rent one of those movies where you can play a game (I think Leelo and stitch have that). I don't know how we'd play the game without controllers for the dvd, but it'd be cool to see it at least. lol.

Know what I'm doing for new years? I'm going into the yahoo chat so I can be there when the ball drops, lol. I'll have MTV on, so maybe I'll get to see GC and some other bands play. Mom said Dick Clark's new years bash (which we usually flip back and forth from mtv to D.C.'s) sounded boring, and since she and dad are in bed already, I'm watching mtv. Mom will probably come back down later, around 11 or so. That way she can be awake with us for the 'ball drop'.

Speaking of the 'ball drop' .... It annoys me. It's toooo slow. It'd be better if at like, 11:59:59 it would all of a sudden drop down the tower/lines really fast and hit the bottom and then you see a flash of lights! It just seems like by the time the ball hits the bottom (where it says 2003) it should have been over with already. Or maybe I think too much about the ball drop, lol. Yup, probably it.

No comments: