Pages

Sunday, December 08, 2002

tada! I'm done. I'm also feeling a little better. so all is good. for now. till I decide to change it again. but if my mom gets her way it won't be for awhile (she gets annoyed when I spend awhile in front of the computer, then finally say "the new blog design is done!" for some reason it annoys her that I spend so much time on it. hmm).

I took a shower (not that I don't everyday, but this one seemed to help with my cold more than the rest). maybe it was the peppermint body wash/soap stuff I used. I'm not normally a pepperminty person, but I thought I might as well try it. It's supposed to invigorate you. Well, I don't know if it did that, but it made me stop feeling so sluggish, so maybe it really does work.... or maybe it's the thought of it working. or, maybe it's the Tylenol Cold capsuls I took not too long ago. lol, yep, that's probably it.

After my shower I dressed all nice. Not that I'm going anywhere, but I have an assignment to write an article on stress, and I've been putting it off. I thought maybe if I'd dress all nice, put my hair up, and sit at my computer, it would make me be in the mood to type an article. No go. sigh. It just doesn't seem like that good of a topic. It doesn't 'inspire' me to write. This is the assignment:

Use information from the Web sites to write an article about stress for a teen magazine. Be sure to discuss both positive and negative stress as well as healthy ways to deal with stress. Once you have explored these links and answered the questions, you are ready to write your magazine article. Your article should:

incorporate information from the Web sites in a clear and organized manner.

use language and tone appropriate for the topic and a teen audience.

explain the causes and effects of stress on teens.

identify examples of both positive and negative stress.

provide information about avoiding and/or managing stressful situations.


The part where it says to "use language and tone appropiate for the topic and a teen audience" makes me feel like they want me to 'dumb-down' my article. Use simpler words and such. I find it insulting. Maybe that's why I'm having trouble writing it. I think I'll just ignore that part of the assignment, and just write it as an article, but like I'm talking directly to someone, not just listing facts and whatnot. blah. the whole thing stresses me out. Maybe after I'm done writing it I should read it to figure out how to de-stress myself. lol. complaining about it helps, believe it or not. It's probably annoying the heck out of everyone else who reads my blogs (to find me constantly complaining about an assignment) but it actually helps me so :p After I vent about the stupidity of it I usually just give up and do the assignment.

I noticed the other day I used the word 'stupid' a lot. That angered me a little. Cause I mean, of course I know better words than stupid. My mom actually hates the word stupid, so I spent a good portion of my days (when I was younger) coming up with different words for stupid. I'd better start digging around for those words, I'd hate for anyone to think I have a limited vocabulary. Cause I don't. I actually have a pretty big vocabulary, I just don't use it too often. Maybe I don't want to overuse it? I don't know. But I'm getting the word of the day emails from m-w.com now, so maybe I can actually make myself use the words that I know I know. Just in case you're wondering, today's word is: ab ovo. It means "from the beginning." Kinda strange, but I like the pronnunciation. ab ovo. It sounds like you're speaking a martian language.

On another note, I'm happy. It doesn't take much to make me happy lately. Today what made me happy is that my dad doesn't need a ride home from work, so I don't have to go with my mom to pick him up, i.e., I don't have to go out in the FREEZING COLD. Oh, and another thing is that my mom is making lasagna. Not necissarily lasagna, cause she ran out of actual lasagna noodles, so it's lasagna with shell noodles. But it still has the same meant-sauce-cottage cheese-noodle premis, so hopefully it'll taste good. I don't like cottage cheese, except in lasagna. Just thought I'd state that, in case people would think I did, which I don't. Yuck. I can only eat it because the sight of it is hidden in the sauce/noodle mix.

I can't eat anything that looks gross. Like cottage cheese. or yogurt. Which is bad, because my parent's swear by yogurt. Have a mouth sore? Eat yogurt. Stomach ache? eat yogurt. I cannot stand yogurt. And I mean, my hatred of it goes to the depth that I won't say if my mouth/stomach hurts, just because then they'll make me eat yogurt. I was supposed to be eating yogurt with this cold actually, but I was afraid just the smell would make me sick. Because the sight of it sure does. I"m the only one in my family that hate's yogurt this much. In my immediate family, I mean. My cousins hate yogurt as much as i do. My dog even eats yogurt. Yup, it's true. My dad was eating some, and the dog was sitting patiently at his feet waiting for him to give her the container after he was finished. Which dad did, so there's Gidget with her huge snout/nose covered by the yogurt container. It was funny. and gross.

My mom has been spending the past few days decorating for christmas, and she has this ceramic pond thing, with little figurines of kids skating and playing hockey, making a huge snowball, etc. My mom always makes this big deal out of arranging this thing to her liking, placing each kid where it belongs. Every year I go and mess it up. I put the 'thin ice' sign right next to all the kids on the ice, put the kid rolling the snowball on the hill, so he looks like he'll drop his snowball right on the hockey player beneath him. It's great fun, arranging these things. It's even more fun to see how long it takes my mom to notice. Usually not long, cause I start laughing too much. Anyway, my mom was vaccuming yesterday, and made Gidget get up from her blanket so she could sweep. Gidget walked right over to this pond, picked up a kid from it, and dropped it on the floor (it didn't break, it's harder ceramic stuff). It was soooo funny. It seemed like she did it deliberatly because my mom made her move. Maybe she did. lol.

Wow, what a blog, huh? I think I just about emptied myself of all things I could possibly talk about. Did you read it all? I wouldn't blame you if you didn't, I tend to babble. lol.

No comments: