Pages

Saturday, February 01, 2003

Blogger wasn't working for me earlier, so earlier while I was still in the mood to blog, I typed it all down in Wordpad to copy/paste here:


You suspect another parent at a co-op daycare of stealing $20 from your coat. This person is made treasurer. Do you alert the board?

Yes, of course. Why not? It's my money that I would pay into the day care that is in potential danger, why not report the parent? I mean, no, you don't have to be all "She/he did it!" and freak everyone out, but you could just express your concerns. How you got to the conclusion that it was that parent taking the money out of your coat, and that you just wanted to make them aware. Then if they choose to keep the person on as treasurer you at least know that they'll be keeping an eye on him/her.


You're well-to-do. Your children, ages 24 and 26, ask you to settle part of their inheritance now. Do you?

No. This was on Dr. Phil the other day, or something like it anyway. I think the kids should have to deal with not having money unless they make it for themselves. The only reason I could see is if someone's life is in dire danger, or if it's used for education like it was on Gilmore Girls. Otherwise, I'd want my kids to have the pride of knowing that they can stand on their own two (four) feet, and they don't need my money.


You've accepted a date to a movie when someone you really like asks you to a concert on the same night. Do you try to get out of the first date?

Why would I have accepted the date to the movie if I didn't really like that guy? That's confusing. But I guess this is one of those things you see on tv, someone agrees to go with someone else, and then someone hot/popular asks right after they had already agreed. If that were the case, no. I still wouldn't. Cause that would be horribly mean. I can't help but think how I would feel if that happened to me... "Oh I'm sorry Heather, but I have to break our date to the movie because I'm going to the concert with so-and-so instead" I mean, that would be bad. Plus, I would imagine it would really give you bad karma too, and you'd probably lose a friend. Not worth it, in my opinion.


Well, there's the Saturday Scruples

I went to Walmart the other day :) Yesterday, actually. lol. We got a digital camera! :) It's an HP PhotoSmart 620. Oh, and we got fish! 3 fish. 2 black with white stripe/dots Angelfish, and a bottom-sucker that looks like a shark. They're all really cool looking. Mom has them in the bathroom, since her bathroom is all decorated in the ocean/fish theme. Poor fish. We still need to name them though... so if you have any good fish names let me know : )





No comments: