Pages

Friday, February 21, 2003

I'm back. It was fun.

Wouldn't it be boring if I just left it at that? Well, there's not too many details that would make it interesting either way.

Umm, ok, first day we got there... we hung out at the hotel, and went swimming. They had a non-heated (cold) indoor pool, along with a wonderfully warm/hot whirlpool. The only stupid thing is, we didn't see the timer to make the whirlpool jets turn on, so we were just sitting there in the hot water with a little bit of bubbles coming up from the heater. As we're leaving a guy comes in and turns a dial that makes the jets go full force. grrr, where was he earlier? We went out to a Wegman's store to get some cereal and lunchmeat for breakfast and lunch on Thursday. Did you ever go to a Wegmans? They're (well, the one we went to anyway) HUGE!!!! And ugly. I didn't like the look they were striving for, which was old fashionedish. It just didn't work, who wants fake dried out looking flowers hanging over where they buy their bread? Anyway, that's what we did (besides unpacking) the first night.

Thursday was spent by me going to my testing at 11:30. I got there about... 11:25 (I didn't want to be too early, since all I had to do was take the elevator down one floor). There was already about 15 kids there. So, I took my seat, got ready, etc. I had 60 minutes to write one essay, based on a topic (called prompt actually) that they gave us. The first prompt was "name something challenging that you've been successful in overcoming" or something like that. So I said about my school, since that was what was on my mind first thing. lol. It was only like maybe 900 words long. Probably not much more than that. Then after that 60 mins. (i was done in 40, so I was just sitting there for 20 mins. boring) it was time for the second prompt. Same 60 mins. The second prompt was something like "your school district is thinking of taking away extra curricular activities, some people are for the activities, some people are against them, state your opinion and try to persuade the school board to vote in your opinion" I wrote a little over a page, and had like 15 mins to spare on that one. Then the very last one, she said as soon as we were done with it we could leave. It was "your principal is designing a new high school, and wants some students input. explain some features/rooms/etc that you would like to see and why". I rushed through it, it was maybe 3/4 of the page. But it only took me like 20 minutes, and i was out of there by 2:30 when actually it was supposed to be scheduled to take us till 3 - 3:15. I didn't care, my hand was really cramped, I'm not used to actually writing (besides scribbling barely legible notes) since my school's all online I just type up everything. But this test we had to actually write, and I tried to make my printing readable, so it strained my hand a little. Plus my hand was still sore because of shoveling, lol.
After the test we went out. We went to Pizza Hut. We usually have a pretty good time at Pizza Hut, even if the food isn't always the best.

Today was a whirlwind. Packing, then we went to a major mall that we had never been to (but I didn't like it, it was too 'preppy' for me, it had all huge name brands, like Gap and Abercrombie, etc). From the mall we went to a museum, that was pretty cool. Except, my complaint about the museum is that they had 3 art sections blocked off so we couldn't go see them. We paid $19 to get in and actually left feeling like we didn't get our money's worth cause they failed to mention that we had 2 whole art sections of the museum that we couldn't see. From what I could see of them they looked pretty cool too. :(

But, all in all, my trip was fun, but I'm really really glad to be home.

No comments: