Pages

Friday, February 28, 2003

Friday5. Yep, I actually managed to remember to link this time, without having to 'edit'.

1. What is your favorite type of literature to read (magazine, newspaper, novels, nonfiction, poetry, etc.)?

Romance books. Silly, I know. It's just happily ever after appeals to me right now, even if it is non-existent. Plus, they're not all the sappy mushy things everyone imagines. The good ones aren't anyway. They're funny, comical, and some can make you cry cause the writer's that good. Sadly, I have yet to find a non-romance author that has made me cry.

2. What is your favorite novel?

Hmmm...Romance? Probably "Heaven, Texas" by S.E. Phillips (I think it was her..). Or, trashy don't-tell-mom-I-read-this romance... Fascinated, by Beatrice Small, Susan Johnson, someone else, and Robin Schone. Non romance...umm.... Alas Babylon by Pat Frank, maybe. Not sure.

3. Do you have a favorite poem? (Share it!)

Nope. I'm not really into poetry. Well, actually, I do like this one (I think it's hopeful), but I don't know who it's by:

Beautiful dreamer waken to me;
starlight and dewdrops are waiting for thee;
sounds of the cruel world, heard in the day,
lulled by the moonlight all dashed away.


4. What is one thing you've always wanted to read, or wish you had more time to read?

Well, at first I've always wanted to read "Catcher in the Rye", but having read that, I wish I hadn't. It was the worst book I've ever read. Oh, sorry, back to the question... I'd like to read Jane Eyre. I don't know why, but it's just one I want to read.

5. What are you currently reading?

Umm, I dunno. I'm between books right now. Probably whatever I manage to dig out of my boxes that I have sitting around in my room. I have to read at night to fall asleep, so it has to be something to get my attention, which means that it has to be something I've never read before. That's hard to come by in my bookshelves. I'm always getting new books, but lately I've hit a lull and have read everything at least 4 times. sigh. But, yay! yesterday I found 3 books that I haven't read. Granted, I hadn't read them because I wasn't intrigued by the back cover/jacket thingy, but I'm desperate, so I'll read one of them tonight.

There ya go, F5. And it's still Friday, for 23 more minutes :)


No comments: