Pages

Sunday, April 20, 2003

How I spent Easter:

8:37am- I wake up, barely, to "I need a shower!" "Me too!" "Don't use all the hot water, I need one too!" "Heather, what about you?" I mumble "need.. one...later...after everyone...going back to sl.." sleep.

8:57am- Again, my sister/family wake me up. This time I give in, and slowly start sitting up.

9:15am- I shower. Water runs slightly cold due to me being last in taking a shower, but at least it woke me up.

9:25am- I'm standing around, barely dressed, and my sister begs me to find her something to wear to my grandparents.

9:45am- Still looking and figuring out something for my sister to wear.

9:55am- I give sister 2 outfit choices, neither of which either of us like very much, but I was sick of picking out her stuff when I wasn't even dressed yet.

approx. 10am- I shave my legs with the stupid electric razor that I hate, because there was no hot water in the shower, so I couldn't shave them with a normal razor. grrr.

10:10am- I help empty out the trunk of the car, I help make sure nobody forgot anything and that we're all almost ready to go.

11:15am- We leave for my grandparents. Dad, my bro, and Gidget in Dad's truck, and us girls in mom's car.

11:30am- We pass by a clock on one of those banks, see the time (11:30) and think how we still have at least 1 hour 15mins to go before we get there. At least. And that's not including the stops we have to make along the way, such as picking out flowers at a nursery close to my grandparents and picking up my cousin. We were supposed to be there at 12:30 or 1 o'clock. We're thinking we might make it on time.

12:45pm- Mom spots a flower stand along side of the one road and decides to pull over. Since mom was 'leading' the car/truck parade, mom had to turn around and Dad had already pulled into the flower stand parking lot. We get to the parking lot, and discover that No, dad hadn't pulled into the stand because he thought mom might like the flowers, he pulled in because his tire blew. The tire wasn't flat, it was shredded. We were about 20 minutes from my grandparents, and about 10 minutes away from the store where we had agreed to meet my aunt to pick up my cousin. My dad asked the Flower Stand owners if it was ok to leave his truck there until he went and got a tire for it, and luckily, they said sure no problem. Right at that moment, my grandmother calls my dad's cell phone to see where we are (first time she ever called the cell too, it was strange). We weren't late, but they were waiting lunch on us, so they wanted to see where we were. My dad explains the situation, arranges for my Grandfather to meet us and pick up my cousin at the store, since there wouldn't be enough room for him now that we all had to squeeze into the car.

1:15pm- We arrive at my grandparents, where my dad is immediatly surrounded by 2 of my Uncles and taken out to an old Van (one that no longer runs) to get one of it's tires for his truck. My uncle then drives my dad out to his truck to change the tire. That was very nice of my uncles, and very unexpected because most of the time my uncles are, well, let's just say, not the most friendly/nice people in the world.

2:00pm- We all eat, hunt eggs, and just hang around talking and catching up.

2:45pm- We leave my grandparents, and head over to my Aunt's to drop off my cousin (he fit this time, since we had the car and the truck again).

7pm- We leave my Aunt's, very tired, hungry (but we didn't want to eat her food because although the effort's there, she's not a good cook) and not exactly in good moods. And it's a 2 hour drive home.

8:30pm- We stop off at my dad's work for him to do some things.

9:15pm- We're home sweet home.

After arriving home- I go onto one of my yahoo groups, open an attatchment, and my virus protector warns me of a 'worm' in the file. I heal the file, exit, etc etc. The next 10 minutes are spent frantically virus-checking my system to make sure I don't have anything on it. I do, but my anti-virus healed it and I am now Virus/worm free. whew.


It's been a looooooooooooooong day. Fun though, for the most part. Would have been much better had the tire not blown out, but all in all, a good, tiring, day.
Happy Easter, for the last time this year. :)

No comments: