Pages

Saturday, April 19, 2003

Tomorrow's Easter. :) Happy Easter everyone. Or, as my mom and sis say, Merry Easter. They only say Merry Easter because they know it annoys me. For some reason, it annoys me when people say "Happy Christmas" or "Merry Easter/New year" or whatnot. It just irks me, cause they know the right saying, they just disregard it. So that annoys me. But yes, anyway, Happy Easter.

Tomorrow I'm going to my grandparents for Easter. It's the same thing every year, although this year is the very first that I won't be participating in the Egg Hunt. I feel like 17 is just too old, at least when most of the other participants are under 10. If it were like an adult egg hunt, that would be fun. But I'll leave it for the kids, let them have the pennies and dimes that are in the eggs :) I'll just stay my normal, broke, self.

I'm actually expecting to have a good time. I don't normally expect to have a good time at family gatherings, because I normally don't. There's always at least 2 relatives there that I despise, and that kind of throws a damper on the whole gathering. But this year, only my one Aunt/Uncle/cousin are coming, besides my other Uncle and cousin that live with my grandparents. I don't really like the one Uncle (the first one), but it's certainly a lot better than having my mom's half-brothers and their offspring there. We made HUGE easter baskets filled with goodies for 3 of my cousins, and my little Heather. They're stuffed full. Anymore candy and they'd overflow. Like I said, it should be fun. My grandmother's cooking, ham and mashed potatoes, and my mom warned me against the potatoes. She said "wallpaper paste." Hmm. So, I think I'll just eat mom's pasta salad. Dad made mom make Pasta Salad, in case he doesn't like anything my grandmother makes, lol. It's the thought that counts when it comes to her cooking. I love her dearly, but her mashed potatoes are always lumpy.

Well, I don't have much else to say, Happy Easter everyone!

No comments: