Pages

Wednesday, April 23, 2003

I know I blogged earlier, but I'm going to blog again, you don't mind, do you? Wow, that was a lot of commas. Sorry. Anyway, I'm just in the mood to blog. I'm not sure what about, but I'd better think of something because my keyboard is clickety-click-clonking with each word I type, and so far I've typed nothing of value. oh, and for those curious, the 'clonk' that my keyboard was making is because I have the little pedestal thingys (that are on the bottom of the keyboard to elevate it) up and they were uneven so with each word my keyboard would strike forcefully (ok, so the force of my fingers driving it down, so it wasn't too forcefully) the cheap wood of my desk and make a 'clonk' noise. But I fixed it now, it's back to just it's normal click click that my keyboard makes. My mom's keyboard clickety-clacks, which is really cool. I kinda wish my keyboard did that, except I think mom's keys are out higher than mine, because it always seems like my fingers have to be reaching higher to get from the f to the t key or whatever. Maybe it's just me though, and my fingers are just used to my keyboard and my keyboard only. Right now my keyboard is making a weird little noise, because the one pedestal is shorter than the other, so unless I shove something under it (folded paper, napkin) you can hear my keyboard hitting the wood, though not as hard as before.


Wow, was that all about my keyboard??? Indeed it was. Uhhh, I have nothing to blame for my weirdness except the 2 ibuprofen I took over 6 hours ago, so.... I blame those.

Oh, I remembered what it was I was going to blog about. Blogs. A blog, about blogs. A blog on my blog, about other blogs. hehe. Anyway, back to the blogs. Not mine, other peoples. Think about this, how hard would it be to get through the day without blogging, or reading at least one other person's blog? For me, extremely hard. It was hard just typing the question. Easter Sunday all I could think about was getting home and going on my computer to see what all the people (that I've become mini-obsessed with) are thinking today, and what they thought yesterday- which was saturday- in the time from when I went to bed to when I woke up. I didn't get to check my blogs, since it was a very rushed morning, and not knowing what was going on was driving me crazy. My grandmother has a computer, but I didn't think it would be very polite of me to ask to use it when we were having Easter dinner and all my relatives that I only see like 3 times a year were over and I was supposed to be enjoying their company. So, I made small talk instead, and just thought up scenarios that certain people must have blogged about while I was away, and how they might have posted a really good blog, but then something happened to their server, or they just didn't like how the blog came out, so they deleted it before I got a chance to read it and I missed out on that really good blog.

It's becoming an addiction. Yes, that's it. It's a better word to describe it than obsession, because obsession makes me think of some strange person that is addicted to every word and becomes 'obsessed' with the blogger person, and they stalk them and live on their every word and have to meet them in person and....go nuts. I'm not like that. I'm the opposite of that, I think. I like to read blogs, yes. I love to hear other opinions, and other viewpoints. And just love to hear about what other people did that day, or even thought. I love to see people using their imagination and coming up with fantastically well written blogs, that are quite opposite of mine.

It's the diversity and the uniqueness (was differentness, till wobbie pointed out diversity and uniqueness as a substitute for differentness which i'm still not sure is a word) that I love. I don't become obsessed/addicted with any one blog, rather, I become addicted to reading all of them, as fast as my computer can load them. And contrary to what the high-speed cable commercials make you think, it's not always that fast. And so I wait, waiting for the page to load so I can read what people have thought, what they think, hope, dream, cry about, laugh about, etc. It's just interesting to me. And so, to answer my question that has somehow gotten a little lost in this post, how would a day be without reading/posting a blog? It'd be bearable, as my Easter was, but if I were to stop reading them all together for like, say, a week, I'd go crazy.


Although, maybe I am crazy already and that's why I like to read everyone's blog? I dunno. But I enjoy it, so if it is crazy than so be it. FYI, all the blogs I read are in my links section. Every single one of them, I read, at least once a day. They're good reading. And they really help to procrastinate stuff I should be doing, such as schoolwork. :)

No comments: