Pages

Friday, May 09, 2003

Guess what I've been doing. Shopping! I love/adore shopping. It doesn't matter if it's shopping for clothes, shoes, food, anything. It doesn't have to be stuff for me (I typically don't get anything) and it doesn't even have to be that anyone gets anything, I like just window shopping too. I just love shopping.

So, on Tuesday my Mom, sis, I all went shopping. Hoover is like me, and loves shopping. Although, not quite as much as I do. My mom on the other hand, has always hated shopping. She once said the only way she can tolerate it is because my sister and I love it so much and act like such goofs/idiots/morons in the stores (not in an embarassing way, just a funny way) that it's almost fun for her. She's getting used to shopping now though, and (although she won't admit it) I think she likes it.

Anyway, on Tuesday we went to Wal*Mart. Fun fun. And you know how I said I don't typically buy stuff? Well, this time the trip was basically made for me, since I needed new shirts (mom was sick of seeing me in only dark blue, black, or my one red tank top) and some shorts for Summer. Also I needed (and still do) bras. The only kind of shopping I hate--bra shopping. It's annoying.

I got a ton of stuff (well, it seemed like it anyway):

1 light blue with dark blue stripe tank top

1 black tank top (and I really really like this tank top)

1 set of 2 tank tops, a dark/navy blue one, and a light/sky blue tank top

underwear

1 pair of shorts (didn't like the other pairs)

1 cute black shirt (with only little/short sleeves, so it won't be hot) that has a small slit cut down the front and then the slit is tied almost-closed with shiny black ribbon. very cute.
hmmm....I think that's it. It doesn't look like much now that i typed it out, but it's definetly enough, seeing as how I still have stuff I wear (and will continue to wear until it is too hole ridden) and I didn't really technically need the new stuff. It's on lay-a-way though, so it's not like I even have it right now :( But soon, maybe Monday (maybe) I'll have my new stuff. Within a month anyway (cause that's when the layaway runs out). I can't wait. :)

Oh, and I think we're going shopping tomorrow. If not tomorrow, then soon. We decided to try Kmart. If we can find a Kmart that is still open, lol (a lot of Kmarts where I live have closed--or maybe that was a lot of kmarts nationally have closed?). We'll put more stuff on Lay-a-way. We still didn't get all the stuff that mom has on her "to buy" list. Good thing I love shopping.

Oh, yea, my mom wanted me to ask: "does anyone have any suggestions on a good/cheap easy-to-use (it's my mom using it, so has to be easy) cd burner? Let me know, if you have a suggestion, please."

I've been doing schoolwork! yay for me. lol. I even set up a plan with my Spanish teacher that I have to do 1.5 assignments a day (or 3 every 2 days) in order to finish on time, and I have to email her every Friday to let her know what assignment I'm working on, how it's going, etc. It'll be nice to be accountable, sometimes I work better if I'm given guidelines. But I guess that's most people, isn't it? I did like 4 health assignments today, 2 Science's (the lymphatic system---yuck, and boring), and 2 or 3 Spanish assignments.

Now if only I could get up the want-to to paint my art assignments. I just don't like the assignments. Well, truthfully, I don't like painting in watercolor (which is what all my assignments are). I look at a crappy house I just painted in watercolors (and trust me, it's horrible) and I think how much better I could have sketched/drawn it. I love drawing. I drew the cast of Daria the other day, lol. It's not that great, each character has maybe one or 2 things that could be improved in my drawings, but it's a lot better than anything I've ever watercolor painted. I like acrylic/tempera paints though. And I love painting walls. That's the fun stuff. But not watercolor. Well, only 1 quarter left of watercolor painting (or like only 33 days...ahhhh!), then I'm done with it. :)

At least now my blog has a new template, so I can work on schoolwork instead of thinking about that. lol. Although, maybe it should be a different color? I'm not sure if I like the pink. No, wait, it's better if I call it wine-colored. Or, as hoov suggested, berry. It's not exactly a pink, so yes, now it's either wine or berry colored. Much better than pink. lol. Point is, I don't have to think about my old greenbean template that apparently nobody liked besides me :( (even hoov, who shares my love of greenbeans, only said "cool". sigh) So now it's berries. What is it with me and food? lol



No comments: