Pages

Wednesday, May 21, 2003

Yes folks, it's that time again....

For a new template, that is. I'm sick of this one. Don't get me wrong, I still like it, but.... it's pink. There's no getting around it anymore, it's pink. Sigh. But don't worry, I've just picked out a template, and lets just say it makes me hoppy..err...happy. ;)


I really ought to have something worth blogging about other than my template changes or shopping. I haven't been shopping since the last blog, so don't worry I won't talk about that.

My life has been busy lately, there's been a lot of worries/stress about things, including-but-not-limited-to schoolwork. I have a ton to do, and school officially ends June 27th (most work has to be done by the 20th) and there probably won't be a summer school this year so.... I might be in major trouble. I'm trying to talk my mom into being ok with me failing my Art Studio 2 class, but I don't think she'll be too happy if I do. She keeps yelling at me when I suggest it. But, if I think about it realistically, I doubt there's any way I can get it all done. I have like 25 art assignments to do right now at this moment, and my teacher is going to continue posting until she gets them all up, about 20 more. Then there's my Spanish 2, I'm stuck on an assignment and the Spanish teacher is out on a family emergency for a week (maybe more). The substitute teacher hasn't answered my question yet, and meanwhile I'm stuck in limbo.


I didn't hear anything on that job, so I doubt I'm getting it.


I have a dentist appointment at the end of the month, and a doctor appointment the day before the dentist. But I might not be able to go to the doctor appointment, because someone is coming to inspect our house on the same day as my appointment (not that our house is horrid or anything, it's just a routine inspection for where we live), so unless my dad drives me to my appointment, if he's home on that day, I won't go to my doctor appointment and I'll just have to reschedule. No big deal, except I'd rather get it over with. Shots and hearing/vision tests, blah blah yadda yadda.


Oh, and I have my drivers permit now. I have a small problem though- I don't want to drive. Honestly, I think I'm scared. Not so scared that I'll wreck the car and kill myself, but more scared that I'll hit someone else and hurt them. I mean, I only have a little Pontiac Sunbird, but who knows? There's no way I could live with the guilt, let alone have my parents/insurance pay for whatever I do. It's just too much to think about. BUT the kicker is, I don't have a choice. My dad is losing his license in the middle of June (long, sorta complicated, depressing story that I don't want to get into) so my mom will be driving him from auction to auction and I'll have to get my license so I can help out, and also so my mom doesn't get so ragged driving everywhere everyday. So, I have no choice but to get it. The good thing is, I don't have to wait the mandatory 6 months that PA makes permit-holders wait, since I already had my permit for over a year. Oh! And the best part of getting my permit again--- It only cost $5! Apparently it only had to be renewed- which I wasn't sure about since I lost it, it expired, and we moved- and renewals of permits only cost 5 bucks. A lot better than the original $31 that I paid. Especially better since my dad paid the $5 renewal fee since he's the reason I didn't get my license the first time. :)


Hmm...what else? Oh, in Art studio I had to paint a still life...so guess what I chose? A tomato and a green pepper. hehe. They were rotten too. I didn't think they would turn out well, what with the fruit being rotten and me being a rotten watercolor painter, but actually I think they're my favorite thing that I've painted thus far. Pretty surprising. Oh, I also painted a picture of our dog Gidget (had to paint a live animal) and I did a 'landscape' scene using glazing, which wasn't that hard but was more annoying because I had to wait for the paint to dry before I could add another coat and I'm a very impatient person when it comes to anything requiring creativity. The sooner its over, the better. Especially painting. I mean, I like being creative, but only for like a half hour before my attention span goes in other directions.


Oh! (sorry, that probably gets annoying) I'm now getting school time/credit for blogging. I have to have 990 hours of school a year, and I am pathetically far from that number now, but my wonderful American Literature/English teacher said I can request up to 3 hours per week of time for blogging. If you think about it, 3 hours isn't that much, but it's something at least. Every little bit helps, especially when you're as far behind in school as me. :)

Ok, I'm off to start/finish the coding for that template, shouldn't be too hard since it's from Groovy Lizards and they usually have it pretty well set up, just change the links etc. Easy stuff that even I can do (hopefully) ;)

No comments: