Pages

Tuesday, March 11, 2003

Hmm... Time for something a little more substansial than random quiz results, not? Hmmm.... how about an update on my life? Since I so rarely update my blog with updates of my life story. lol ;)


Yesterday marked 3 weeks without any soda at all! Woohoo! So, today I celebrated that with soda. Hehe. Ok, so not really, but kind of... I'll explain. Do you realize how hard it is to go without much caffiene? My body was used to about a 2 liter of Pepsi a day (not an exaggeration) and then I suddenly quit drinking Pepsi and started drinking only water. That can cause a lot of headaches, literally. But now, I'm finally getting over the headaches, I guess my body's used to surviving without the caffiene? But today...I gave in to the craving. I took the bottle of Coke that's been sitting out (because our fridge is full, and you can leave soda sit out as long as it's never been refridgerated and it's unopened), I took that bottle and put it in the freezer, so it would get nice and cold. Then, I took one of our frosted glasses from the freezer, poured myself about half a glass of Coke, and added as many ice cubes as would fit into the glass (about 6, if you were wondering). Then I took a sip. And another, smaller sip. And then I gave my soda to mom. After all these days of not having it, it just didn't taste all that great anymore. And I figured since I didn't really like it I shouldn't force myself to drink the whole glass, since mom said she'll drink it for me instead. Besides, I like being able to say "I went 3+ weeks without soda" although now I have to change it to "I went 3+ weeks with only 2 sips of soda" sigh. So I got a nice wonderfully cold glass of water instead, and I enjoyed that more than the soda. lol.


So, between my water/soda battle, I've been helping my mom put stuff on ebay. She's funny, if she needs to do anything with HTML she'll ask me for help. I have already written her numerous sheets of tips, from anything from how to do italics, to how to put in an image, and even how to operate her blog. Yea, I made her a blog, for her/my dad's business. It's much easier to update than a regular site, and trust me, for her, the easier the better my life is. lol. She's getting better at it though. Now, she actually takes the time to figure out how to do something without having to do HTML. Like, for example, Ebay has this picture service when you sell stuff, that you can either put as many pictures as you want for free if you use HTML, or they let you upload one pic from your computer through their service for free, and then each picture after that costs 10 cents. I mean, granted, 10 cents isn't much. But when my mom asked me if she could put 3 pics on, I said yea, she could do it for nothing if she just wants to do html. She actually groaned! Like going through her papers (that I so painstakingly wrote out for her) and finding the instructions on how to insert a picture is so hard! It is a pain in the butt though, cause she has to upload them to her website, and then put the html in ebay, but it's not that big of a deal. She just doesn't like having to do it, lol. So, between helping mom out with Ebay, doing my schoolwork, my exercise (a mile everyday--yay!), and whatever else I have to do, there's not much time for substancial blogs.


I'm honestly thinking of putting a Halloween template up. Would that be too weird? I am really looking forward to October this year. I'll be 18 :) Plus, there's Halloween, which is by far my favorite holiday. And, as a birthday present, I might get to go on a trip. But I don't know details yet, or even if it will happen, depends on a few factors. If the person I'd be going on the trip with even wants me to go with them, where the US is in this horrible war thing, if I feel like leaving my parents, etc. Lol, all factors in if I go or not. Guess we'll just have to see. Either way, I'm really looking forward to October. The only drawback is that winter follows it. :( I hate winter.


Spring is almost here! Yay! I say that, even though today when we passed a temperature readout on a bank it said 32degrees. But I'm ignoring that, and instead focusing that tomorrow morning they want it 46d. And then tomorrow afternoon they want rain/possible snow showers, but shhh! don't think about that, and then it won't happen. At least, that's my hope anyway.


I've been having weird dreams. This is weird because 1) I don't normally dream (that I remember). 2) I've dreamed at least twice in the past two nights 3) the dreams were really weird.


The first dream involved a lot of my family. My grandmother, my cousin & her 2 kids (only 2 kids, although she currently has 3....), and my immediate family (bro, dad, mom, sis, and me). We all went up to a hotel to spend a few days relaxing. This is really weird because my parents don't even really like my cousin, they can tolerate her but... anyway, why would we go with all of them? Like we would relax with a 3 and 1 year old around! Anyway, in my dream, my cousin asked me, even though she already knew I had plans to go out and explore, to watch her 2 kids so she could go out with some friends. I, of course, said I couldn't, because it was my turn to have fun. My dad got really mad at me! That's so weird, because there is no way in actual life my dad would get mad/disappointed in me because I refused to watch my cousins kids. It's not that they're bad kids, they're adorable, but there's NO WAY my dad would want me to watch them if I had other plans. Anyway, my dream ended with dad telling me I was watching her kids, and cancelling my plans. hmm...


The second dream I had last night. My family was all sitting around watching tv, when all of a sudden Bush breaks in on whatever show we were watching with one of those Press Confrence things. He announced that there will be no war, and that he and his people have agreed to give in to demands that they give the Inspectors adequate (more) time to preform their inspections, and he apologizes for being so adament that we just go to war.


That's it. That was the whole dream. Weird, huh? I remember feeling really happy that there would be no war, because truthfully? I'm scared outta my wits at the prospect of war. Especially, horrible as it sounds, if they reinstate the draft. I'm 17, my brother's 16. Plus, a lot of my other family is around my age. I'm not saying it'd be automatic that we'd get drafted, I just think it would be so horrible. Don't get me wrong, I am extremelly grateful that the troops that have/are currently protecting our country do their jobs, I just know I wouldn't be very useful, and that there is no way I would want to be in the Army/Navy/etc. It's just not me. I don't have the stamina, the guts, the determination, the...anything. I'm not even in physically good shape. So, yea, I'm a little freaked out at the thought of war, which is why I tend to bury my head in the sand and leave the room when the Presidential press confrences come on the tv. Cowardly? I guess so, but I think I have to do it, for my own peace of mind.


Ok, back to my dreams. Like I said, I rarely dream. Or if I do, they tend to be dreadfully violent, usually involving me killing my dad or mom. Horrible, isn't it? That's why I don't even really like to dream. One time my cousin and I had a dream when I was sleeping over at her house. We both swear we had the exact same dream, and we both told eachother about it at the same time, we both woke up from the nightmare at the same time too. I forget the details of it now, but there was a murder in that one too. Not by me though. But it was freaky.


I did have something else to say, but I forgot it. Lol, i guess i've said enough anyway...

No comments: