Pages

Thursday, March 27, 2003

I haven't been blogging lately. Sorry.


If you click on my "Powered by Blogger" link over there

<------------

it'll take you to the Spanish verson of Blogger. At least, I think it will, it did for me. I must have it linked to the spanish version, I dunno, I just left it in with the template. lol


In other news....

I have to get a tooth out. My FRONT tooth. You know those two teeth you have in the front, well it's one of those. My left. Which means I have to either get a partial, or get a bridge. Because I can't just walk around with a gap in my mouth. My dad threw a FIT when we said about me wanting to get a bridge, because it's the more permanent of the 2. It's also the one not covered by insurance, and the one that's going to cost about $700 or $800. Guess I ought to explain them both, huh? The partial is when it's a fake tooth, but instead of just being PERMANENTLY in there like a bridge would be (bridge uses glue), it can be removed since it's only stuck in there with wires. Umm, yea, that didn't explain it too well did it? It's a little hard to explain over the computer. If you go here it explains the bridges more clearly, and if you go to this site it explains about partials better. Yuck yuck yuck. I want a bridge, because once I get that I won't have to worry about it or anything, but dad's freaking out (and I mean freaking out, which gets me upset so I leave the room, which gets him more upset cause he thinks I think he's an idiot which isn't the case but I can't stay in the room when someone's yelling and not listening to what I say) because he said he got a bridge when he was younger and they had to shave down the teeth next to his to put the bridge on, which he says is why his 4 teeth had to be pulled later. I mean yea, I don't want to spend the $700. period. I HATE the thought of asking my parents to spend $700 on me, I'm definetly getting a job now.


I respect that he's worried about my teeth getting worse when I get the bridge. I'm totally fine with that, we made him an appointment to talk to the dentist. What I can't stand, is that he yells, not at me, but about the situation in general. About how the dentist just wants to figure out the way to make the most money. He lets every experience from his messed up childhood influence his decisions. Well, dentistry should have gotten better in the past 30 or so years, shouldn't it??? I don't think it is what dad makes it out to be, I mean it's a clinic for cripes sake. It's not as if it's my dentist's normal practice (he has a normal practice, and he works at the clinic) where he said he'd charge $1,900 for the tooth. It'll only be $700 or so, and the dentist said he'd work with us on it, payment plans or whatever if we need it. The dentist doesn't want me to get the partial, which dad thinks is also part of this money conspiracy.


I think I'm just going to get the partial for now, and maybe get the bridge later, I dunno, I have to wait and see what happens after dad's appointment with the dentist. I just hope he doesn't go in there with the attitude that all dentists are money hounds, and evil, or I (and my tooth) are in trouble.

Sometimes I wish I had a new dad. One that didn't yell at the situation. One that understood that when I left the room it was only cause I was crying and I hate for people to see me cry. Wait, scratch all that stuff about a new dad-- I don't want one. Most of the time I love my dad, I just wish he understood me better. He says he wants the best for me, that's why he's worried about the bridge, but I know that's not all of it. This is going to be a big problem money wise, and he was already worried about money getting tight before we even knew anything about my tooth having to come out. sigh.

This is a rather depressing topic for so cheery of a template, isn't it? I need something dark and freaky, considering the mood I'm in most the time lately.

My grade (juniors) had a chat on what we're doing this year, student council and groups and such. It's pretty exciting, at least I think so anyway. First year we'll actually be having groups or anything extracurricular at this school. That's pretty major, right? Anyway most of the club/group ideas we were kicking around seemed like a lotta fun, the only trouble is fitting all of them in along with school and the job I'll have to get. I liked almost every suggestion, and there were a LOT of suggestions. The one I like best was online-newspaper for my school. Student ran, of course. Along with yearbook comittee, a drama club (I'd work behind the scenes, if I could make it to rehersals but not sure about it yet), schoolwork help club, student mentoring/mentors club, and a whole bunch of other really good ideas. If any of these clubs get formed, this'll be the best school year yet. : )

No comments: