Pages

Sunday, November 17, 2002

I'm back!!!!! Long day. Great though. My brother and I went to my grandmother's today while my mom and my sister went to a baby shower for my mom's best-friend-from-high-school. Not that we needed babysitters; my grandma lives over an hour away so we don't get to see her too often, and the shower was close to her so we went there. I could have went to the baby shower, but I didn't. I hate showers. Bridal, or baby. Not showers as in cleanliness showers, I love them, so don't worry. Just bridal or baby. Yuck. Too much small talk about a baby we probably won't even see till she's 3.
But my mom and my sister went, and had a great time, it sounds like they had a lot of fun catching up, with actual caring talk, not just small talk. Which makes me kinda wish I would have gone, because it sounds like they had fun, but in the end I guess I'm glad I didn't because I hate baby showers.
Mom met up with all her best friends from high school that she hasn't seen in YEARS. I'm talking years. Like, 20. My mom's 20th high school reunion is coming soon. lol. She feels old. It's funny. She doesn't mind her age too much anymore. She had a huge breakdown when she turned 30. I mean huge. So much so that I remember it. I don't tend to remember things like that. But it was big. Good thing she's over it now. Hopefully. Next time it's 40, yikes.
I had a good time at my grandma's, my cousin was there, Crystalynn. I don't get to see her much. She's 3 or 4. Cute. She's a little behind other kids, because she has autism or something like that (they're not exactly sure) so she's just getting so she'll talk and play with you. It's fun and cute. My mom had a ribbon leftover from wrapping the baby gifts, and she gave it to Crystal. Well, when it came time for Crystal to go home (her dad shares custody with Crystal's mom) Crystal refused to leave the ribbon at my grandmothers. She had to take it with her. She threw a fit when they suggested it. High pitched screams and everything. So, she got to take it home. She's spoiled, and they know it but don't really care. lol. They're just happy she functions the way she does, we're all happy about that.

So, I had fun, and my feet are cold/wet because I wore open-toed sandals outside in this wet weather, so I'm going to go watch tv and dry/warm my feet.
Oh, wait, I just wanna say this one thing. I always thought it was hilarious. I couldn't spell "weather' till just a few years ago. Weird, considering my name's heather and I only have to put the w instead of the h. Strange, huh? Same with feather. I was never sure if there was supposed to be the 'a'. Lol, ok, I'm done.

No comments: