Pages

Sunday, September 29, 2002

Hello world.
I finally set up the networking! It cost $105 (which is an awfully lot, it seems) to get the router and most of the cords we needed, but it's done now. We now have 3 computers sharing internet, with my mom's to be added as soon as she gets an Ethernet card for her computer (we found out that the 3 computers our school supplied had ethernet cards). Well, anyway, we're connected. And it's so much faster! I heard 6 times faster than dial up, I don't know if I believe that, but it's probably at least twice as fast.

Today I networked. And I helped my mom set up her computer that she just got back from my uncle. He put Win98 in it (she had 95 before) and some games and stuff, so I had to check it out.

As a review of yesterday's comments, we got the cable router thingy at Staples. We took the dog for a rabies shot, and she was so busy sniffing the room where they had her that she didn't even notice the shot. The vet lady was really good. I think they had us take her to a room where the cats used to be kept, because Gidget was really sniffing, more so than normal.

The 'work' we had to do wasn't so bad, just dumping rainwater out of old bottles. It wasn't too bad, I hardly got wet at all. And our one friend brought their daughter over, that I used to babysit for. Julianna. She's adorable, I think she's around 2 now. She came up to me and said "Up Up" so I would hold her, and after I picked her up I said "you're gonna get me all dirty" (not that I really cared..) and she started giggling, then she took her hands and wiped them all over my face. She wanted to make me dirty! Lol. I called her a brat (nicely, not meanly) and I 'got her' back. She's really cute. I love kids at the age where they first start realizing they can get into trouble, and they try to push the limits of their parent's rules.

I got a comment on my Art Vocab. that I have to do, which is a pain in the butt. I have to list the word, then find the dictionary's definition of the word, then pick out key words in the definition and find the key words definitions, then list MY definition, then put a sentence saying I understand the word.
Example:

LINE

Dictionary: A mark with length and directions. An element of art which refers to the

continuous mark made on some surface by a moving point.

key words:

Element of art- The basic components used by an artist when producing works of art.

Mark- A visible trace or impression on a surface, such as a spot, dot, or line.

My definition: A mark made by an artist, in whatever medium he or she chooses.

My sentence: On the glass vase there was a blue line that went entirely around it.


A major pain, when you have 12 words to do. Takes forever. Then the next lesson, is the same thing, but only 8 words. Blah. I got an "excellent job Heather!" and an A+ on it, so I guess it was worth it, lol. Still annoying though.

Well, now that I've bored everyone to death with my schoolwork example, I have to go. Luego. (later)

No comments: