Pages

Sunday, October 20, 2002

Football. My life revolves around it. Well, ok, so not my life, but my fall/winters anyway. And not even because I like football. I don't. I hardly ever watch it. I do sometimes, only when there's nothing better to do, or when I can't get away from it. My whole town is football fanatic, but at least they're only fanatics about the local football team. at least as far as I know. My house is completely the opposite. My mom doesn't care about the town football team (she'll cheer, but she doesn't watch the games often). She's obsessed with Pro-football. Namely, the Steelers.

Every Sunday, and some other days during the week, I have 3+ hours of her yelling at the tv cheering her team on. And then after those 3 hours, either my mom or my dad watches the Eagles play (if they play that week). I'm usually listening to football from noon- 6 or so. I used to absolutely HATE football. Now I've begun to tolerate it, and even laugh at my mom as she gets so into the game. There's something funny about a grown woman, who is also your mom, yelling at the top of her lungs at some guy she's never met, telling him either "RUN! RUN BABY! YAAAAAAAAAYYYY!" or "YOU STUPID @$$!!!!!"

Our Sunday day planning revolves around football. Oh, we can't go to the store until either the football game ends, or before it starts. Unless it's during the first period, then it's ok cause you can catch up by watching the end of the game.

At least they have some funny sayings, if you're only half listening. for example, the guy on tv just said "now that's a rather large tight end" lol. meaning, that the guy who plays the tight end position (which the name in itself I find funny) is a big guy. So, I spend my day in front of the computer, listening for funny comments. or listening to my mom yell at the tv. lol.

No comments: