Pages

Tuesday, October 29, 2002

Ok, this is sort of an out-of-the-blue question, because I'm not and/or have no plans to redecorate, but if you could design your bedroom- your own room, not sharing with anyone (unless you want to), any size room, any color, money no object, as many or little windows/doors as you want...- what would it look like?

I have 2 rooms I want:

My one room would be blue and white. Like a really light, ice blue walls with lots of white accents. Or, really light purple/lavendar with white accents. I can't decide. hardwood floors. The room wouldn't have to be big, umm... a little larger than medium. Just enough so it looks 'light and air-y.' I want a huge bed, maybe with a canopy, or maybe an antique bed. LOTS of long windows. And french doors leading to a patio/balcony that overlooks my garden. Lol, ok, fantasize much? Basically, it'd be simple, clean, airy, and you'd walk into it or lay on the bed looking around and go "Ahhhhh it's so peaceful"

Ok, now for a complete twist:

My other room choice, black. Black walls, metal/chrome/glass accents. Lots of green plants. Weird painting/designs on the walls. This room would only be huge, because I want to put a black sofa in there too. Black sofa, glass/metal coffee table, metal lamp (for reading) and a black rug, make up the 'living area' I want incorporated into the room. The bed itself would have to be huge too, because I like big beds, they look cool. And I want one of those screen things, that is made up of those \/\/\ bendy things, if that makes any sense. the ones you can change behind. Anyway, a really weird one of those. dark hardwood floors, with the black rug for the living area.

Oh, and each room would have to have a huge bathroom connected to it, just for me :) Either light lavendar, or the one on that new Lowes commercial. If you didn't see the commercial, it's huge. and dark green, with white stuff. I don't normally like dark green, but this bathroom was huge and looked cool. So, either that, or lavendar. I don't think I'd want a tub. I'm not a bath person. Maybe I'll just put a jacuzzi in my heated pool (the one next to my garden). lol.
I think I watch too much Trading Spaces. Ok, please comment and say what your dream room would be :)

No comments: