Pages

Saturday, October 05, 2002

Ok, I have one. maybe semi-interesting. For you girls out there (myself included).....
How young is too young? How old is too old? explained....
How young is too young to begin dating? to get married?? Me personally, I think 16ish is ok to date. I think anything below that and you're trying to grow up too fast. Even if you get serious at 16, I think it's wrong. Ya know, the whole sweet 16 thing? Why rush that? Why not just be a teen, while you still can? While long relationships and marriages and children and whatnot aren't expected of you? I think the time will come soon enough to get married and whatnot, without having to rush it. I see people that are my age, and have had dozens of relationships already. Why? All they did was end in heartbreak for some, if not all, of the people involved. Relationships are hard enough for 'adults', why would you want to get into one when you don't really even want to?
Marriage I think is for your 30s. That gives you time to establish yourself as a person, whatever kind you want it to be. A career person, a volunteer person, both, etc. I think too many people get married too young, and don't get a chance to see the world. Well, they'd have a chance, but I don't know how great it would be if you had to lug kids around. I love kids and all, but I think 30s (especially with how technology is now) is an ok age to have them. I *gasp* don't even really think you have to be married to have kids. It might be a little more fair to the kids to grow up in a 2 people house hold, but I think it's better they don't if the house isn't what it should be, loving, caring, nice, etc. Ok, sorry, I got off track.....
(back on...)
How old is too old? No, I don't mean this in a... is 70 too old to fall in love kinda way, I mean it as in, how old is too old for you personally, to have a relationship with someone? Can you be 17 and the guy 20? 30? 40? Where's the line? For me personally, being all of 16 almost 17, I think the line right now (might change later) is around 19 or 20 or so. Why would a guy want to go out with me if he's old enough to live his own life? I know a girl who's younger than me, about 15, going out with a 23 year old. To me, that's WAY too big of a difference. Not only for the above ^ mentioned reasons, but because he's 8 years older, why would he want to go out with her? She's a VERY immature 15 too. So what's he see in her? Besides the perverted guy thoughts that he must be having.... I think age doesn't make that big of a difference when you're older, like in your 20s or whatever. My parents are 8 years apart, dad's older. That is fine for me because a) it worked out, and afterall, they had me :) and b) they were OLD when they were young. they were out to see what life has to offer, etc. They knew they were ok with the age difference.

So, what do ya'll think? Comments? something?

No comments: