Pages

Sunday, October 20, 2002

Fruit anyone?

We have a lot of fruit/veggies. Lots. See, my dad has his own business at a flea market. He's been going there for years (and is the main reason there is that flea market as a lot of people come specifically for my dad's stuff) and so he's friends with a lot of the vendors. Including the fruit guy. So, if my dad goes up to his stand at the end of the day before they pack all the stuff in, he gets stuff cheaper so they won't have to throw it away cause it wouldn't last till the next week. All good stuff, it just wouldn't last that long. Anyway, my dad got a TON of stuff for $20. Then, before he even came home, he sold some of it for $10. So, in actuality, he payed $10 for:

28 bags of red grapes

4 huge heads of romaine lettuce

6 eggplants

10 bunches of scullions

8 cartons of cherry tomatoes

8 cabbages

42 plums

17 cantalopes

13 heads of lettuce (that strikes me as a good band name, but I don't know why..."13 heads of lettuce, now onstage!")

2 boxes of corn on the cob (that we might have to throw away, it doesn't look too good. but I don't like it in the first place, so I might be a teensy bit predjudice against it).

Hmm, that's it. My mom was laughing at me cause I said I was going to take inventory and make a blog out of it. She thinks I'm strange. She's right ;) But I don't mind.

No comments: