Pages

Friday, October 18, 2002

Yikes. I have an essay to write for my American Lit. class. blah. Normally I love writing essays (strange, I know), but this topic I just can't get going on. Normally I can write, and write, and write..... and I'll have to cut down on my writing to make it a decent length. Not so with this essay. It has to be two pages, easy huh? no. apparently not. I only started to try to write it today, so maybe it'll 'click' tomorrow..hopefully. I thought I had a decent length, but it's only almost one page. that's it. woohoo. not. oh, before I forget, in case anyone's curious, the questions I'm supposed to address are:

1. How has this tragedy affected you?

2.In your opinion, do you believe that there was anything that we could have done as a Nation and/or as individuals to have prevented such horrifying acts of terrorism?

Now, besides it being a sensative topic, that shouldn't be hard to discuss. My prob is I have the essay to a page, and I can't get any farther. I feel like if I add to it it will ruin it. grrr. I guess I'll try to write more on it tomorrow, I have that assignment to do, and a health assignment. I think that's it. This paper might take me awhile though, just to get two lousy pages. sigh.

On a lighter note, here's this week's Friday Five.



1. How many TVs do you have in your home?

We have.....3. I think. if monitors don't count. My parents have one in their bedroom, my brother has one, and we have one in the living room. My sister and I could have one in our room, but we're hardly ever in our rooms, and we don't really have the room for one anyway, so we decided that 3 are enough. Before we moved we had 5 though. Every room except the bathroom had a tv.



2. On average, how much TV do you watch in a week?

Umm, I'm not sure. Rarely do I just watch tv. I listen to tv while I'm on my computer, I like the background noise. But I watch a soap opera every day, or rather... listen to it, and I watch Gilmore Girls...and there's an awesome show called.......oh! I forget what it's called! But the guy's pretty hot (and they showed part of his butt! not that I'm a butt person or anything, I myself think they're gross, lol), which that in itself isn't very unique on tv, but the show is actually GOOD, has a plot and everything, which I think tends to be very unique nowadays. I'll let you know the name when I think of it...


3. Do you feel that television is bad for young children?

It depends. I don't think children should become Zombies, where they don't know anything outside of tv. Nor do I think that babysitters should just plop the kids down in front of the tv just to get out of the responsibility of watching them. But, I do think tv can be helpful, with shows such as Sesame Street- Even though I always have hated that show with a passion myself- can be very educational for kids. Plus, kids need to be exposed to different ways of thinking, different races, cultures, etc. Television can do that, without the parent having to be embarrassed that the kid may voice an inappropiate thought. So, no, I don't think tv is bad for children, as long as they have parents too.


4. What TV shows do you absolutely HAVE to watch, and if you miss them, you're heartbroken?

Gilmore Girls. and that new show. But I'm not heartbroken over them if I miss an episode, they are just tv, and chances are it takes 2 episodes for something interesting to happen. Well, on GG anyway. not on the new show, that's wrapped up in each episode, which I love also.


5. If you had the power to create your own television network, what would your line-up look like?

I don't know, maybe I'd make it another homeshopping channel, make a ton of money, then devote a network to each of my favorite shows 24/7. that way nobody ever misses an episode. and have certain weeks where they can just watch a whole season straight through, not have to wait till the next week... :)



Oh, did you know today is my actual birth-Day? I was born on a Friday. which I love. at 5:13 pm. So, not including leap years, I am EXACTLY 17 years 6 hours, and 17 minutes old. wow. 17:6:17. I'm old.

lol, I had to edit this cause it was one loooooooooooooong blog, with no

<br> tags.

No comments: